Thursday, December 15, 2005

Dec. 15 Part IV

About three pages on the epic fantasy novella. There’s no title for it – it has to evolve. It’s due latest at the beginning of February, and has to be anywhere from 7000-20,000 words. I’m aiming for around 9000. It’s for the contest Debra over at Pendrifter turned me on to.

I’m using an epic setting, yet this first scene – which I really like – is quite intimate. Hopefully, the editors will accept a balance of grand sweep along with the intimate moments. I think the small, detailed scenes make the wide ones even more powerful.

Ran an errand in Greenwich. Came back to find an article about my joining the staff of The Scruffy Dog Review in one of the local papers.

Which reminds me, I have to read a submission this weekend (which will be The Weekend from Hell on the show) and also write two more press releases – one for Circadian and one for 13 Journals.

There’s always something to do.

That’s why I can’t understand people who get bored. How can one possibly be bored with everything that’s going on in the world?

People who whine about boredom give me the creeps.

D.

1 Comments:

At 6:38 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

"About three pages on the epic fantasy novella. There’s no title for it – it has to evolve. It’s due latest at the beginning of February, and has to be anywhere from 7000-20,000 words. I’m aiming for around 9000. It’s for the contest Debra over at Pendrifter turned me on to."

Hey! Was doing some catch-up reading and just discovered you're writing one for the anthology too. That's great! Mine is floating dead at the moment, but I hope to revive it soon! Good luck with yours.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home