Goals, Dreams, and Resolutions for 2005
Here is a chance to revisit this year's questions:
1. Where do you want to be with your writing in the long-term?
2. Where are you with your writing now?
3. What project did you leave unfinished last year that you need to finish for your own peace of mind?
4. What creative goals do you want to achieve over the next year?
5. What financial goals do you want to achieve over the next year? Yearly? Monthly? Weekly? (Note: There is no need to post this information, but you should have a figure that you feel comfortable with in your own notes).
6. What steps do you see necessary in your life to achieve these goals?
7. Each month, pick one step and work on it.
8. What will make you refer to yourself, first and foremost, as “writer”?
9. What steps do you need to take on the technical front to achieve your goals (such as improving spelling, grammar, and a general widening of skills)?
10. What steps do you need to take on the creative front to achieve your goals?
11. What changes do you need to make in your daily life (interaction with friends, family, job) to make this work?
12. What marketing steps do you need to achieve your goals?
13. How much time each day do you vow to devote to your writing?
14. With what new type of writing will you experiment in the coming year?
15. What new non-writing interest do you wish to add to your life this year?