Thursday, December 08, 2005

Thursday, December 8, 2005
Waxing Moon
Mars Retrograde
Saturn Retrograde
Sunny and cold

I’ve managed to get most of the computer up and running to some degree. It took a long time. I had to dump some programs. I tried to upload some of the old DE pages, but I can’t get into any pages to edit them, I don’t understand how to create new bits for navigation, etc., and what my host tells me to do to come up with the info I need in order to be able to upload has NOTHING to do with what’s on the screen.

With everything else that’s going on – and the Situation is getting worse exponentially each day – well, I just have to work slowly.

I’m a mess because I’m so stressed out between the Situation and the Major Unpleasantness that I’m ready to drive off a bridge. I HAVE to carve out a bit of time to write, in spite of all the stress and chaos, or I’ll lost the little bit of mind that I have left.

On a wider front, did you hear about what’s happening in Riviera Beach, Florida? The city is using Eminent Domain to take the homes people built – sometimes with their own hands – and lived in for 30, 35, 40 years. There’s nothing wrong with the homes – they are perfectly fit and solid. They’re not building anything like a school or something to benefit the community – it’s to build private yacht clubs and condos. Again, they’re punishing people who worked hard their whole lives to have secure homes – in order to give the rich something they don’t need.

This is the country in which we live now.

If you can’t buy your way out, they’ll throw you into the street and take everything for which you’ve worked your whole life.

Some justice.

The entire country – even the world – should boycott tourism to Florida. And everyone should write letters to the city, state, and federal governments in protest. It’s wrong to spend the money that will aid and abet the people who are determined to destroy the lives of others who’ve worked for years to create a home and a life.

Because guess what? You could be next. Unless you’re in the top earning percentile of the country, Eminent Domain will someday affect you.

Yesterday, we drove some stuff down to the storage units. It was a surprisingly smooth drive on a lovely day. It was really lovely to drive down the west side and gaze over the Hudson River. I also liked visiting my stuff – I miss it. I retrieved a lovely lamp because I need to shift some things around here.

I need to get back to dealing with The Situation. And try not to have a complete breakdown.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 8:56 PM, Blogger Ann said...

So sorry about the Situation - whatever it is! My thoughts and est wishes are wish you in all this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home