Tuesday, December 27, 2005

Tuesday, December 27, 2005
Waning Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Venus Retrograde
Sunny and cold

The vultures were out in full force yesterday, desperate for bargains. I searched four stores for what I wanted – New Year’s cards – and no luck. What was there was not what I wanted. I couldn’t even find nice thank you cards.

So I bought blank note cards and designed my own thank you cards and New Year cards. I tried all the programs that are supposed to design them – including Avery’s download, which didn’t work. Finally, as I usually do, I went back to good old Printmaster Gold. The oldest program on the computer and the only one that ever works properly.

And then I sat down and wrote cards all afternoon.

I’m playing with story ideas: there’s a new Nina Bell short tale boiling away in there and I have to finish the second half of a two-parter that starts in SDR next month. Plus, I need to get back to the Epic (not to mention Shallid and Fix-It Girl).

I’m working on my GDRs for 2006 – because I’ll be offline for a few days at the end of the week, I want to post it early.

Anyway, time for raspberry pancakes before heading back to the city and the theatre. I have a few errands to run on the way in. I already mailed everything I wrote yesterday and started paying January’s bills. I want to get as many of them as possible cleared out before the New Year. Set a precedent for prosperity and all that.

Kemmyrk is being restructured and will return in January, twice a week, instead of struggling for a couple of days and then nothing new for weeks.

The column for March’s SDR needs another once-over, but I ought to be able to get it to the editor early next week.

Tomorrow will be almost an entirely business-oriented day. That should clear out a lot of stuff so I can start 2006 fresh.

I need a fresh start.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home