Sunday, January 15, 2006

Jan. 15 Part III


Since I’ll be up before 5 AM and out of the house before 6 AM tomorrow, I thought I’d better get a jump on things. Especially since The Situation ratcheted up even more – although I did find a glimmer of hope today.

Tomorrow’s entry for Kemmyrk is up.

And so is tomorrow’s Circadian poem. I’m quite excited about this week’s three poem entries – they are one long poem broken down in three parts telling a mystery story. I’ve never seen anything quite like it, and I thought it was interesting. Part One is up now (for tomorrow’s entry), the next bit goes up Wednesday and the conclusion on Friday.

My poor mother had to drive alternate roads this afternoon due to fallen trees from the storm – and got a flat tire. She managed to get to where she’s staying, but the car is sitting in that garage with a flat. I’m not quite sure how I’m going to fix it from set tomorrow, but I’ll take the mechanic’s number with me and see what can be done. As if she doesn’t have enough to worry her.

I’m exhausted, but I’m going to try and get a bit of writing done, in between icing my arm. Turns out I have one month more on the fantasy epic deadline than I thought. Thank goodness. The story is rich, but mining that richness and texture means a slower pace. I don’t mind – I’m more interested in a good story than a quick writing process.

And maybe I can get some more edits done on Clear the Slot.

Did insurance paperwork and some other paperwork. I have to find out what additional paperwork I have to do in relation to my mother’s injury. And then I have some more paperwork to do for myself. Plus, some letters that need answering.

Even in this age of email, there’s nothing quite like the jolt of joy a letter gives!

Back on line on Tuesday, I think.

Devon

3 Comments:

At 11:26 PM, Blogger Texas Poppet said...

Devon, thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving such a sweet comment. I hope that all goes well for you and your mother and wish you all the best. Joie

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

My offer still stands. :)

 
At 9:01 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Glad there is a glimmer of hope - and I hope things improve with the Situation soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home