Monday, January 23, 2006

January 23 Part II


The first draft of Shallid was completed at 3:24 PM.

I started it on September 15, 2005.

6250 words were written today.

The first draft is just over 82,000 words, a bit under what I estimated, but it gives me more room to expand in the next draft before cutting.

I’m going to start typing it in a few days. Once I have a typed draft, I’ll let rest before putting it into the editing rotation.

Periwinkle now comes into rotation as the Secondary Project.

But, first, I’m going to allow myself a little celebration.

D.

5 Comments:

At 4:53 PM, Blogger Costume Imp said...

Congrats D!!! You really are one of THE most productive people I know. Thanks for allowing me to interupt your writing this afternoon with my questions.
It won't surprize you to know that I ended up lugging about 20 pounds of books home this afternoon. They had all the titles I was looking for (and some "I can't pass up sale items" too). A few reference books, a very large color book of egyptain gold/stone working, to name a few.
Congrats again on completing round one of your manuscript. Hope you have an enjoyable week darlin'!!

 
At 10:02 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

Wowee! That's terrific! Congrats on the completion of Shallid!

Obviously, times like these call for many, many exclamation marks, LOL!

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Lara said...

WAY TO GO, D!! What an accomplishment! Isn't it a wonderful feeling?

:-)

 
At 1:23 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Congratulations, Devon! (Snoopy Dance!) !!!!!D:))

 
At 9:20 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Whoo-hoo! Congrats!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home