Saturday, January 14, 2006

Saturday, January 14, 2006
Full Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Venus Retrograde
Rainy and cooler


It’s supposed to rain all day and then turn to snow over night. At some point in the night, I woke up because of a ferocious thunderstorm and lightening. And yesterday, the fog was astonishingly thick.

All good intentions for a focused work day went out the window when the newest blast and twist came in the Situation. I have a feeling I’ll have to set up a separate blog to deal with it. The Situation will personalize for readers just how vicious and heartless certain aspects of the population have become, all hiding behind the façade of “business” with complete and utter disregard for the consequences to human life.

As soon as I can share it with you, I will. I have a feeling, in the next few months, I’m going to need the support of my cyber friends and regular readers. Because the next few months are really going to suck, and all I can do is hope I have the strength and the creativity to get through it and keep the faith that the ultimate outcome will be better than where we are now.

Otherwise, I might as well jump off the Tappan Zee Bridge right now.

And I’m not being melodramatic.

Anyway, at least the elbow got some rest. I’m making far better progress with icing every two hours and light exercise than just taking a pill to block the pain. I think I’ll wrap it for Monday – I’m doing the TV series again. It starts late enough for me to come in from out here and should only be an eight-hour day. They’re re-shooting a scene – I’m not sure if I have to match any extras from that episode (it’s an episode shot before the holidays) or not. Guess I’ll find out when I get there.

Today, we’ll see how the Situation ratchets up yet again. It’s causing my mother’s health to deteriorate and it’s not doing so much for mine, either.

Life, Paint and Passion is an excellent book. I don’t agree with everything in it, by any means, but it does help me feel freer and more confident in taking brush to paper. Just because I feel like it.

Watched The Book of Daniel last night. I still like it, although I think they’re complicating the plot just to do so, not to particularly serve the story. Again, one of the strongest portions of the show is the strong love the family has for each other.

In case you’re wondering why I haven’t commented on Lost, it’s because I didn’t watch it. I was busy with other things. I’m not going to be jerked around by a network scheduler. I may watch some new episodes, but I’m not going out of my way to do so. I’m sure the work between the actors playing Eko and Charlie was beautiful, because they’re such strong, detailed performers. But I’m tired of being jerked around by ABC.

I feel like a fighter preparing for the ring, and trying to put on a good front when I’m really on my last legs.

But I am going to try to do some writing today, since I didn’t write much (just played a bit) over the last two days, and I won’t write much Mon. or Tues. due to being on set and at the theatre.

I feel as though I should comment on the brutal murder of seven-year-old Nixzmary Brown allegedly by her stepfather while her mother did nothing. There is evidence that she was systematically abused, tied to a chair in a room with only a litter box as a sanitary facility, and systematically starved.

Part of the reason so many parents get away with this type of torture is because the penalties aren’t harsh enough on them. I do not believe anyone who harms an animal or a child is redeemable, and, instead of allowing predators to continue to do harm, the system has to be changed to make sure this type of cruel creature (anyone who could do something like that is no member of humanity) never gets the opportunity to harm again.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 9:21 AM, Blogger Tenille said...

I admire your strength and perseverance through all this. I'm sure i'd be hiding under some covers by now. Big hugs.

 
At 8:45 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Hang in, and hope things improve. I'll be thinking of you and the situation.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

You're a fighter, Devon. There's strength in you even when on your last legs...don't let them get you down. Hugs, d:

 
At 1:14 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I'd like to do whatever I can to offer support for you during this time. I'm glad that you have decided to speak about what you're dealing with.

My God, that is horiffic. You're right, I have worked for probation in California and in that state at least, punishment for child abusers is little more than a slap on the wrist. What does this say about our culture? That poor dear little girl.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home