Sunday, January 29, 2006

Sunday, January 29, 2006
New Moon
Chinese New Year!
Saturn Retrograde
Venus Retrograde
Rainy and cool

Happy Year of the Dog!!!

So our ever-lovin’ NY State Governor has a budget that will give regular working people a tax cut of 2% (provided they’re married), and the rich a cut of 9%. Why the heck isn’t that reversed? So sick of the rich getting more and more while the people who just work three jobs to survive continue to get their pockets picked by the politicians.

Very tired.

Tweaked four pieces and sent them out yesterday. Started to put the fixes into Clear the Slot, but only got the first four chapters done. Excavated my desk somewhat. Signed and sent off some contracts. Worked on the new text for the DE site – I keep working on it and then throwing it out. Worked on some pitches. Wrote Wednesday’s column for SDR.

In and around the other work.

Today will be another long day. I’m waiting to hear if I’m needed for a re-shoot on the television show tomorrow – if I am, I hope my call is late enough so I can leave from here.

Islanders finally won last night, thank goodness. They played well against the Bruins. Both teams worked very hard. Always makes for a more interesting game. Rangers beat Pittsburgh, too, so it’s all good.

The Situation weighs heavily on me and has gotten me way down. I know the solution, but I haven’t figured out a way to get there yet. I’m working on it, though, and that’s all I can do. But I’m very discouraged.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 11:38 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Happy Year of the Dog to you too!

Sorry to hear the Situation is still giving grief. I hope it starts to resolve soon. Take care and I'll be keeping you in my thoughts.

Hope your Mom is doing ok as well. I've been AWOL lately, while getting my stuff in order in my world, but you've both been in my thoughts and well wishes often.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Don't be discouraged, D! (D is for Devon, NOT Discouraged!)

Hopefully there is a light at the end of this frustrating tunnel soon...

 
At 7:26 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Would love to hear your view on the State of the Union Speech....

Col

 
At 9:04 PM, Blogger A.M.Adams said...

Devon,

Best wishes to you and Happy New Year of the Dog!

While I have yet to catch up on all my blog reading, I wanted to touch base with you since you were so kind to ask where I was when I fell off the map so many months ago.

Will check back later when I catch up on your entries...

Alicia
Wired Writer

 

Post a Comment

<< Home