Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Wednesday, January 11, 2006
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Venus Retrograde
Cloudy and warm

Exhausted.

And, experiencing, full force, the impact of a Venus Retrograde. This is an inappropriate place to discuss details, but it’s definitely impacting my writing life (and everything else).

Good day on the TV show yesterday, in spite of having to get up at 4 AM, and in spite of having to wait 40 minutes for the subway to get me out to the studio. But I made it in time, got everyone dressed appropriately in record time (now that I KNOW what I’m doing, I can just go DO it and not ask 300 questions).

I wasn’t needed much on set, but there were plenty of other things to do, boxing and sending stock borrowed from another show back to LA, prepping the clothes for the next day’s shoot, and a million of the other little details that have to be taken care of by someone so that the actual shooting can stay on schedule and on budget.

Film prep is very different from theatre prep. For a theatre piece, you want things to look pressed and neat and all that, but there’s also the “40 Foot Rule” – how’s it going to look from 40 feet away, because that’s how far the first row is. So there’s some leeway. If there’s a tiny wrinkle near someone’s shoulder seam, it’s not a big deal. In film, the camera sees everything, so it all has to be perfect. Plus, on film, you have to worry about continuity. Some of the stuff shot yesterday has to be matched exactly to stuff shot later in the week.

Came home, ate dinner, collapsed into bed.

My elbow’s bothering me – I’ve done something to the tendon. Fortunately, the track I’m doing for the matinee doesn’t involve too much lifting.

Yes, I’m in at the show for the matinee today, covering for someone called in for jury duty. I am not in the mood to put up with whiny chorus girls today, so it should be interesting.

All I want to do is go back to sleep.

Today’s Circadian poem is up, as is the column for the Scruffy Dog Review.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 1:16 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I'm so sorry to hear about all the difficulty that you're having with your elbow. I hope that it begins to feel better for you very soon.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home