Monday, February 13, 2006

Monday, February 13, 2006
Last Day of Full Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Sunny and snowy



26.9 inches of snow yesterday! It broke all records for this area! Woo-hoo!

And the thunder and lightening during the storm was amazing! Wow!

And boy, was I glad I wasn’t called in to the show (I would have said no – my days of stomping through blizzards because the producers want the show to go on are OVER). Of course, Metro North started the day with diesel trains (the good ones) on a one-train-every-two-hour schedule and then decided to simply stop. Still better than the LIRR, who left passengers stranded on trains for eight hours or more.

Hear about Dick Cheney? He went quail hunting and shot another man with the pellets. Now, I have several questions here. First of all, does the gun spray pellets? That means he’s not hunting because he’s going to eat what he shoots – it would be impossible to dig all the shot out of a little quail. So he’s hunting for the sheer enjoyment of killing a living creature. Second, if he’s such an avid hunter, one would think he’s a good shot simply due to practice – so he ought to be able to make a kill with a single shot, not spraying a bunch of pellets. It’s also far more humane – ever see a small animal shot with pellets or even a BB? I have and it’s horrifying. I wouldn’t want my worst enemy to suffer that sort of death. It’s not a clean kill; it’s a way to elongate the pain and suffering of the dying creature. Third, this guy can’t tell the difference between a man and a quail? There’s quite a size and shape differential, I can assure you. This is the man second-in-charge of the Little Red Button? And how come he gets to go back to work in DC without even being questioned by the police? Any other citizen would have had to face far more serious consequences. The man he shot is in the hospital in stable condition, as of last report, with shrapnel along the side of his head and chest. This is not some cute little mishap. Even though it was allegedly an accident, it’s still serious.

Meeting yesterday regarding the Situation. It’s sucking the life blood out of me.

Have to send a draft of the bachelor party monologue to my client today. The party is in a few days, and I want us to get the chance to tweak it. I admit, I’m nervous. It makes me realize how much I rely on the rehearsal process to hone this sort of work.

Lots to do and not much time. Yet another meeting tonight. And I have to write a couple of speeches for later in the week.

At least it’s sunny.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 9:45 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Heh heh--as soon as I heard the news about the VP I thought to myself: "Devon is going to mention this!" :-)

I do think it's a bit strange. I'm waiting for some journalist to claim to have discovered that the victim is an opponent of something W has done, and Dick was acting on orders to "take him out."...

;-)

Hope today is a good day for you!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

I'm glad to hear it's sunny for you! :)

I wasn't surprised to hear that the news about Cheney was held back until after the Sunday morning "news" shows.

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Anita said...

It's probably strange for me to say this, but I'm so jealous of the snow! It never snows here.

 
At 7:49 AM, Blogger Lori said...

Hi Devon--

On top of all you mentioned, one more thing bothered me. When asked about why he was hunting without all the proper permits, his office answered that his staff hadn't realized when they'd paid for X and Y that he also needed Z. So tell me--why are tax dollars going to this man's staff so they can arrange his hunting trips? There are so many other things they could be doing, like calling the right lobbyists to try to bring some relief to the healthcare crisis, or getting in touch with other countries' dignitaries to try averting another war (do we not all see Iran being the next victim?). I don't normally get political, but that one line from a radio broadcast just burned me up. What a waste of good talent and taxpayer money!

Off my soapbox. Hope the Situation works out for you soon. You need less stress in your life, hon.

Lori

 

Post a Comment

<< Home