Sunday, February 12, 2006

Sunday, February 12, 2006
Full Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Blizzard

15 inches of snow and still counting. No cars on the streets, no trains running, airports closed. We’re expecting up to 24 inches before it tapers off.

It’s beautiful and I’m glad to be inside. The flakes are thick and heavy – hopefully, the power lines won’t go down and no roofs will cave in.

Almost finished with the bachelor party monologue – I need one or two pieces of information from the guy giving the speech so I can write the big finish, and then I’ll go over it a few (dozen) times and send it to him.

Hope the power stays on.

I did a wonderful meditation last night, with candles on and the snow pounding down outside – it was wonderful!

My cyber-friend Lorianne flew to Dublin for a long weekend just because she could – I hope she stays an extra day or two and doesn’t get stuck in an airport somewhere trying to get back. I love hopping on a plane just because, and I applaud her for doing so.

I had to cancel the trip to Paris I wanted to do for my birthday next month because of the Situation, but as soon as everything is resolved with that (many months down the line), I will start making Paris plans again. I’d also wanted to go down to New Orleans with Habitat for Humanity this spring, and that’s on hold, too, until the Situation is resolved.

I want to do some more work on the short story revision (which is due in about three days) and the Fantasy Epic.

There’s a meeting today in regard to the Situation, but it’s close enough so I can walk, and another meeting tomorrow night regarding the Situation on the other end of town, and I’ll probably walk.

My heart breaks for Michelle Kwan’s injury causing her to drop out of the Olympics. I’m not a big figure skating fan, but I’ve always liked her work.

Both the Women’s hockey teams from Canada and the US won yesterday. Woo-hoo!

Off to get some work done.

I love snow! Especially when I’m safely tucked inside.

Devon

3 Comments:

At 2:47 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I am a huge figure-skating fan, and I am SO sad about Michelle! :-(

Hubby is stuck at the airport right as I write this because his flight originated from the East coast. I hope it stops snowing!!!
Enjoy the rest of your Sunday. :-)

 
At 4:43 PM, Blogger B. K. Birch said...

Stay warm. I saw a few flurries here but then the sun came out. Gaw I want a snow day!

 
At 8:34 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Wow - hope you don't get buried! Keeping my fingers crossed the power stays on!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home