Sunday, February 05, 2006

Sunday, February 5, 2006
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Sunny and mild

Yesterday afternoon was spent doing damage control and trying to fix what had been screwed up. Hopefully, I was effective. I hate it when people create unnecessary drama and unnecessary work because they don’t have their acts together.

Oh, well.

Needless to say, no creative work was done yesterday, which left me feeling worse than ever.

I did some business work this morning, and now I hope to work a bit on the revisions for Clear the Slot. I am determined to take tonight off and enjoy the game. Which is bizarre, because I am not a football fan, especially if the Patriots aren’t playing. In today’s contest, I’m rooting for the Steelers. I lived in Seattle for one miserable year, and was often in contact with Seahawks players. Every one of them I had any dealings with was vile. I’m sure there are all different players now, but I’ve never gotten over my dislike of the team.

Congratulations to the New York Rangers, who are now #1 in the Eastern Conference standings. It’s been tough to be a Rangers fan for the last few years – mostly, in my opinion, because management screwed around too much with the team. But this year, they were pretty much left alone so the coaches could coach and the players could play, and here they are. Good for them. The Devils, I believe, are in contention for a playoff spot, and the Islanders aren’t too far away from a spot. I’d like to see all three local teams in the playoffs.

Olympics start on Friday. I wish I could be there; unfortunately, the person with whom I would have gone to the games had to cancel for health reasons, and then, with The Situation as precarious as it is, I can’t be away for two weeks. So I have to rely on writing my commentaries from live feeds. Not as good as being there, but we’ll see what I come up with. If it’s worth submitting, I’ll do it. If it’s a bunch of crap, I won’t.

I’m most excited about the women’s hockey teams. I think it’s disgusting that there is no professional women’s hockey league on par with the NHL.

We’re doing the equivalent of Tapas for tonight’s Super Bowl party – small plates of Spanish, Mexican, Asian, Vietnamese, Italian, and French foods, with choices of wines and Blue Moon wheat ale.

I just want to kick back and relax for a few hours.

I also plan to watch the Puppy Bowl on Animal Planet.

Now, to try and get some work done.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 8:19 PM, Blogger Ann said...

The situation sounds horrible, whatever it is - I'm thinking of you, and wishing you the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home