Thursday, February 02, 2006

Thursday, February 2, 2006
Waxing Moon
Groundhog Day
Saturn Retrograde
Venus Retrograde
Sunny and cool


Exhausted. Barely got any sleep. Another Town Council meeting last night, and more chaos in regard to The Situation. Knowing the next few months will get progressively more and more stressful is one thing; having to live it is another.

This morning was caught up in paperwork for it, and also I have to take off work on Saturday to deal with it. Not happy about this at all.

Not sure if I need a bottle of Advil or a bottle of scotch.

I’m going to take some time out for lunch now, and then focus on my commitments for the afternoon. I have several non-Situation related things that need to get done.

Got the fixes in for Chapter 11 of Clear the Slot yesterday and typed in the new Chapter 12. Also sent off a few pitches for interesting assignments. There’s one I’ve held on to because I’m on the fence about it – the pay seems unnaturally low for the assignment. It would be fun – a radio play. However, they want all rights, and I don’t like to sell all rights for small sums of money. Creatively, it would be fun. However, I believe it’s a poor business decision on my part, so I’ll probably pass.

I couldn’t concentrate on my meditation this morning, so I will try again after lunch to clear my head for the afternoon’s work.

Best wishes to NY Islander Kevin Colley who broke his neck the other night in a game; he is scheduled for surgery tomorrow. May he have a hasty and complete recovery.

Colin asked for my opinion on Bush’s State of the Union message. I found it offensive. “Addicted to oil” – that’s because he encourages his rich oil friends to profit from crises in the Mid-East and Katrina and allows them to charge whatever they want. Exxon’s profit was $36 Billion dollars last year, while over a million people were homeless and even more couldn’t afford heat. Where’s the justice in that? If he’s pushing Ethanol as an alternative, that means his already-rich friends have found a way to profit from it, at the expense of regular working people. And to spend less than a minute on Hurricane Katrina was a slap in the face to everyone on the Gulf Coast who suffered and continues to suffer from it. Not to mention that he’s already cut the aid he promised in that staged reading in front of St. Louis Cathedral, and the aid that has been sent isn’t getting to the actual people who need it. He’s so isolated from the reality of people’s daily lives that it’s beyond a joke – it’s appalling.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 9:54 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Thanks for commenting Devon. I watched a UK politics show last night which covered this, but it's good to read an American citizen's point ov view on this.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home