Sunday, March 05, 2006

March 5 Part II

I’m struggling.

I’m stuck in the very dry, logical voice I’ve used for the past weeks to impart information regarding The Situation.

The creative flow of the other pseudonyms is hidden. I’ve started several of the columns currently due, but I’m still stuck in that other voice. I’m going to try to drop back into the well of Clear the Slot and hope I can get back there, but I just don’t know.

I had another idea for a piece I think might work well – then didn’t write it down and forgot it. I worried it was gone for good, but it floated back. I just don’t know if I can even create coherent notes for it at this point.

I managed to submit a short story, and I’ve got two that are in need of homes, so I have to figure out where to send them. But I look at my list of publications and none of them seem right.

I’m wondering if perhaps doing some work on Hearth Phoenix – since it is so connected to the Situation, albeit in fiction – would help get me back into the creative voice.

I’ve already blown the anthology deadline, but I think I can work up the Epic Fantasy into something for another publisher who caught my attention – it would have to be at least 3000 words longer than originally planned, but I think I can do it.

Basically, I feel like a dog chasing its tail right now.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 8:01 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Aw, Purl, really really hoping the situation works out.
I think you need to take a day, when you can (sounds like it may be awhile before you can), and just get away from everything - work, the situation, etc. It sounds horribly stressful.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home