Monday, March 27, 2006

Monday, March 27, 2006
Waning Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Jupiter Retrograde
Sunny and mild


I’m trying to be cheerful on what seems like a lovely spring day, but it’s difficult. The Situation has me down – part of what is frustrating is that the systems that are in place to protect those involved are not being enforced by those elected/paid to do so, and The Other Side blatantly does anything it wishes without retribution. That has to stop. One of the men in our organization is contacting those who are supposed to be handling this; I will be even more frustrated if a man gets a result because he’s a man – I’ve definitely noticed gender differentiation in the handling of this entire situation.

The paint is dry and today will be about moving stuff back on the East Wall and moving stuff away from the South Wall. I doubt I’ll actually get any painting done, but at least I can get things prepped. I’m still not sure of my work week – I know I’m working tomorrow, plus a friend is in from out of town, so we’ll have a drink after. If I’m not on the television show on Wednesday, maybe I can paint.

I have four loads of laundry to do today (two are in, two are waiting), and I want to get some writing done as well. But, on the other hand, I’m so discouraged that going back to bed seems the most attractive idea in the mix.

Devon

5 Comments:

At 10:18 AM, Blogger Tenille said...

I'm so sorry this is taking so much out of you.

Continuing to think about you as you go through this difficult time.

 
At 12:04 PM, Blogger Lori said...

Don't let it get you down, Devon. Try envisioning exercises. Envision yourself a month from now, the problem successfully solved and you happy and stress-free. It works. Hey, it couldn't hurt, right?

 
At 2:22 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I've been there, where the thing you want most in the world is just to go back to bed. But I promise you that things will get better. And I agree that you should think about you and take care of yourself.

And the envisioning exercises are a great tip too. In fact, I might just do some of those myself!

 
At 3:03 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Step aside from it a bit, Devon. Don't let it shred your energies. It will resolve itself one way or another.

 
At 4:10 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

The glass ceiling is glass walls as well. My heart goes out to you, I've experienced the invisible barriers of being a woman, most especially since I moved from California to New Mexico.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home