Sunday, March 26, 2006

Sunday, March 26, 2006
Waning Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Mercury Direct (as of Yesterday)
Jupiter Retrograde
Rainy and cool

The Situation continues to worsen, and that takes a toll on everyone. We are dealing with someone who is, genuinely, one of the definitions of Evil and enjoys inflicting harm on others. Our challenge is not to allow ourselves to be victims, while, at the same time, not descending into mirroring the pattern of evil. It’s a microcosm of what’s going on, in both the country and the world, on a larger scale, and it’s definitely a challenge (to say the least) to meet it, much less surmount it.

Ink in My Paint Can

I worked on the North wall all day on Friday. I had quite a bit of work to do on it. In addition to the repair work it required, it took three coats of primer before I could put on the two coats of color. I managed to do one coat of the trim, but Saturday had to be the rest of the trim.

Saturday meant yet another trip to Home Depot, along with a trip to Target to get the new bookcases. Unfortunately, the ones they had in stock weren’t the ones I wanted, so I didn’t buy them, and that was depressing as hell. Since Mercury went direct, it was a hell-awful day for shopping. I couldn’t find what I wanted, and drifted from store to store in a state of ever-increasing depression. I finally wandered into the bookstore and bought a copy of Alice Hoffman’s Blue Diary simply to comfort myself.

I finished the trim on the North wall and began moving things away from the East Wall. I went through a bunch of boxes from my childhood – it was intense to revisit some of the imaginative worlds of my childhood. I wish I didn’t feel such a time pressure.

And I found some wonderful old books that I wondered about – I’m going to shift them around and put them where I can actually use them.

I looked at Target online and sort of saw the bookcases I wanted – but the shipping cost was ridiculous. I then went to Staples and not only did they have the bookcases I want, they were both on sale and with FREE delivery. I ordered them; they’ll be here on Tuesday. I can put one of them together on Tuesday night and rearrange some of the books.

There was also a meeting about the newest crises in The Situation, and yet another phone call on it today. I have a client who wants a tarot reading and a friend in town from England this week, so I’m not sure how I’m going to deal with all of it, the show, the television show and continuing to paint.

It takes me two days to do each wall, because there’s no place to put anything and I have to keep working around stuff. Instead of the large drop cloths, which aren’t working, I’m turning garbage bags into drop cloths by cutting them to fit, and they ARE working.

Today, I managed to spackle, prime, do two coats of color and one coat of trim on the East Wall. Before bed, I plan to do the second coat, and then move things back into place tomorrow, and maybe move some of the stuff off the South Wall. I doubt I’ll get to do any painting until next weekend.

The Candlelight Ivory is lovely for the living room, and the Snowy Egret trim looks excellent. It’s amazing what a difference a few coats of paint make.

I’m still behind one newsletter article – the rewrite went poorly. My arm is in excruciating pain and I can’t write much. But I’m “writing in my head”, if that makes any sense (and, even if it’s not).

I sorted out a very dramatic sequence for Hearth Phoenix. Although it’s partially based on and very much inspired by The Situation, it’s also taken on quite a different life of its own – as it should. However, I’m superstitious? Worried? Karmically unsure? That if I use this dramatic situation in the story, something equally horrible will happen in the real life of The Situation.

Also, the sheer frustration and rage of The Situation needed an outlet, and I started to plot a murder mystery. At first, I was going to tell those with whom I’m working; however, since they’re not in the business, I don’t think they’ll understand that, while they may have inspired certain characters, if I do my job properly, the actual story characters will have almost no resemblance to the real people involved. Although all of us will get a kick out of the murder victim (that’s a horrible thing to say, but again, it’s using writing as therapy). This may just be a way to let off steam. If it ever becomes a viable piece, I’ll simply dedicate it to the people with whom I’m working who’ve inspired the positive characters.

Colin sent me a brilliant, wonderful book called The Lighthouse Stevensons by Bella Bathurst – I can’t wait to read it. I’m going to start it this week. I’ve heard of it, but not read it, and I’m so excited. Thank you so much, Colin!

And Paris: Biography of a City arrived today – so I think I’m well set with exciting and inspirational reading material for the next few weeks.

Now, a cup of tea, a bit of Tiger’s Balm for the arm, and then – the second coat of Snowy Egret on the trim.

Devon

3 Comments:

At 7:53 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Still thinking of you and the Situation - and wishing you a good and speedy resolution. Sometimes when something drags out, that can take more of a toll on the person than the event itself. I very much hope it resolves in your favor, and the Evil types do not win.

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Once again you've left a comment on my blog that left me speechless. Thank you so much.

And as for painting, my fantasy is to one day be able to paint a house/room when it's totally empty. All that moving stuff is a huge deterrant for me.

 
At 4:15 PM, Blogger Eileen said...

Thank you for sharing about "The Order of the Phoenix" on my blog! Without a doubt, it is my favorite of Harry's stories to date.

/end of off topic post

I'm so sorry to hear that your arm is bothering you. I hope that you find steady healing with it.

When you're dealing with the Evil, you might remember Frodo and Sam's journey for a bit of inspiration.

All the best.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home