Sunday, March 05, 2006

Sunday, March 5, 2006
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Jupiter Retrograde
Sunny and cold

Not much to say. I did not get much writing done yesterday. I’m still too anxious about The Situation. Tuesday will be another big milestone, one way or the other. We’re hoping it goes our way. We’ve got some protection on the state level now, but that doesn’t mean our lives still won’t be made hell in the coming months.

Every time I think I can take time and dive back into the well of the work, the phone rings. This week, I’m going to have to turn off the phone for chunks of time. I need uninterrupted work time and, crisis or no, I have to make that happen.

I’m drained, physically and emotionally. I’m tired. I want to sleep, but I can’t quiet the brain enough to actually rest. I got a bit of research done yesterday and designed a thank-you card for those on the City Council who helped us so much over the past few months. I turned over a few more rocks to see what would wiggle.

One of the people with whom I’ve been working to resolve The Situation stopped by yesterday and said being in the apartment was like being on a set out of Harry Potter – with all the books and mirrors and statues and wands and tarot cards. It was pretty funny.

And I still haven’t bought those zippers I need. I keep forgetting to pick them up when I’m in the city. I think there’s a store a couple of towns over that carries them – hopefully, I can get to it this week. Although the pieces for which I need the zippers are more fall than spring, so maybe I should wait --- never mind, I’ll figure it out.

I’m going to try to excavate my desk a bit today and maybe get some work done on Clear the Slot. I need to get some more queries out, work on a couple of columns, and get back into the rhythm of the writing life. Too much has fallen by the wayside in the past weeks. I need to get back on track, because otherwise I’ll never be able to.

I don’t feel particularly creative today, so maybe if I do some work on the practicalities, I can ease back in. I don’t know how people who don’t write survive. I feel completely lost without the writing, completely disconnected. I feel hope-less. Writing gives me hope that there’s a possibility for a better world. Because right now, things seem pretty grim.

Devon
The Thirteen Traveling Journals Project
Circadian Poems
The Scruffy Dog Review

1 Comments:

At 7:13 PM, Blogger Lara said...

Maybe you could try a little reading, for a diversion, to get you in the creative mood?

Thinking about you, D.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home