Monday, April 03, 2006

Monday, April 3, 2006
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Jupiter Retrograde
Cloudy and mild

It took me all day yesterday to do the long wall in the hallway. It was more humid than usual, so each coat of paint took longer to dry. And keeping it smooth – well, let’s just say that each type of wall or molding presents unique challenges.

Today, I’m redoing the bookcases in the hallway. Things are much neater and are sort of making sense.

I did some more work on Circadian yesterday, too – I’m working on getting April sorted. I’m having a major problem with the email account, which needs to be sorted out – even though there’s a spam filter, I’m literally flooded with spam in my main Circadian file that’s pretending to be submissions. So I have to sort through them carefully so as not to lose genuine submissions. I am definitely taking it up with my provider – I have spam filters up, and this crap should be going directly into the spam box. Also, there’s no way to empty my trash file – I have to go through and delete each and every piece, which is ridiculous.

My apologies to any poet or essayist who has made a submission and is waiting for a response. As soon as I find your submission, I’ll answer.

I’m very blue about The Situation; I can’t see any relief in sight, and I’m working as hard and as fast as I can. I’m exhausted, both mentally and physically.

On a happier note, I managed to get nearly five pages of writing done, along with four pages of notes for a project.

The theme is mentoring and moving on in the cycle of life. It’s a piece of magical realism working on the complexity of long-term adult relationships that morph when children are involved. Don’t take that as a logline – it’s simply the writer trying to figure out what the heck is going on as the piece unfolds. Certain key events appeared intact – and were noted. Now I have to figure out how to build the roads between the events so it all makes sense.

The physical act of writing helped me mentally – it lifted the crushing depression caused by The Situation. I’m discouraged that we, a supposedly civilized people, live in a culture that encourages infliction of harm if it means a personal profit for a few. Well, it trickles from the top down, and when you look at who is running the country, it’s not such a stretch.

On a slightly spooky note – a piece of art made by my uncle (who is an artist in Europe) crashed off the wall yesterday. Nothing was wrong with it to cause the fall – so I’m wondering if it means something’s happened to him. Reaching him by telephone is nearly impossible, and he doesn’t have email, so I’ll try regular mail.

Today is about putting things back together in the apartment and trying to get some writing done. I need to work on the column for the next issue of SDR and Wednesday’s entry into the dog blog. Those are the priorities.

I have to make sure I write a page or two every day on some sort of creative project, no matter how tired I am; otherwise, I start to fragment, and everything goes to hell in a hand basket.

Of course, that’s what the Other Side in the Situation wants – that we all go to hell without even the benefit of the hand basket, so they can make a profit from the pain of others. We’re going back towards medieval feudalism.

Now, to get some work done and hopefully not collapse out of sheer exhaustion.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 2:35 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

The magic realism project sounds interesting. Great concept!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home