Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Tuesday, April 04, 2006
Waxing Moon
Saturn Retrograde
Jupiter Retrograde
Cloudy and cold

We got some much-needed rain yesterday, and today, we might have snow flurries!

I spent almost all day yesterday putting things back into the hallway. I rearranged the books – found a stack of them which are helpful on current projects, including a social history of the 1920’s, which will be an enormous help in the adaptation of Glamorous Hearts.

There were five or six boxes of “stuff” that hadn’t yet been put back from the other rooms – as we’re putting things back, things are switched around. Now there are things that need to be packed away for the moment. All of that was handled, except for one large box of papers. It’s going to take me awhile to sort through them.

I’m so tired, and sleep doesn’t refresh me. I have a feeling I’ll continue being exhausted until The Situation is resolved – and there’s no telling when that will be.

I managed to write five pages on The Return of Regan Kincaid, the magical realism piece. The characters are quite secure in themselves and they’re not only surprising me, they’re surprising each other. Just when you think a character represents an archetype, he or she turns around and says, “No, I’m a person” and then demonstrates it. I’m letting them have their way, for now. Later, in the rewrite, I already have a placeholder where I have to come up with the backstory for a few tales a character tells the teenage characters about their parents.

I need the distraction of the piece right now; going back to work on other pieces, begun before The Situation, isn’t working right now. I need to circle around and go back to them, but right now I need the freedom that a piece completely disengaged from anything related to The Situation provides.

Off to the theatre, and then I have a tarot client. The piece for the Dog Blog is nearly done, and I’ll be able to pop it up on time tomorrow, and I did some work on my column for the next issue of SDR. Hopefully, I can finish it in the next few days and get it to my editor, so there’s no last minute scrambling on anyone’s part.

If I don’t have to go in to the television show tomorrow, I’m going to spackle the vestibule. It needs a lot of work, and I think it’ll be an all-day job. IF I’m lucky, I might get to put the primer on, too, but I have a feeling that’s a task for another day.

I need a few days of tranquility, and I’m not sure how to finagle them.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 1:25 PM, Blogger A.M.Adams said...

Devon,
Hope you find some time for a little peace and restful sleep! Thanks for your comment a while back; 'twas very kind of you indeed to check in with me.

Recently discovered the fun of reading tarot with playing cards. I like it much better since the cards are easier for me to handle.

Will catch up with you later,
Alicia

 

Post a Comment

<< Home