Friday, May 26, 2006

Friday, May 26, 2006
Dark of the Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Rainy and humid

Bad writing day yesterday. Again, everything was about The Situation, which really annoys me. On top of it, supposedly an article that’s very pro-The Other Side today. I read it and didn’t find it any big deal. Other people feel strongly about responding, and if that’s how they feel, that’s what they should do.

Hopefully, this is their only volley for the weekend, and I can get some work done.

I’m glad I had people over last night – we got a lot done in a relaxing environment.

I hate feeling as though I have to stay on edge, at attention, so to speak, worried about if something will happen and what it will be. This is no way to live.

My nautical books are beckoning to me. Perhaps, in and around the work, I can get some reading done for the whaling saga. I’ve been remiss in that research. I still don’t even know where I want to set it – probably in New England, but an article in The New York Times a few weeks ago discussed Mark Twain’s travels to Hawaii and the whaling community there.

I can’t set the entire piece in Hawaii, but perhaps one of Harriet and Obediah’s children can base himself out there in the course of the book. Since I’m planning to hit the Maui Writers’ Conference in 2007, I can even do my research there. (Harriet and Obediah are the heads of the whaling clan in the novel-to-be).

Regarding Real: I need to rework some of the tactile details of the suicide off the Campanile in Florence (splat! it ain’t pretty!), and then maybe I can get them out of Florence and over to Venice.

And, I so want to read my friend Chaz’s book, Bridge of Dreams, this weekend. As always, with Chaz’s writing, I have to set aside a chunk of time. Once I start one of his books, I don’t want to put it down until I’m done.

Think good thoughts for me for the weekend.

And everyone enjoy the holiday.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 10:16 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Have a peaceful and happy weekend!

 
At 1:00 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Wishing you a serene weekend! d:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home