Monday, May 01, 2006

Monday, May 1, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Sunny and cool
Beltane

Happy Beltane, everyone! One of the best Beltane celebrations I ever attended was one on Calton Hill in Edinburgh several years ago.

Eighteen pages on Real yesterday, although it was a bit of a struggle. They’ve left Ayr, spent time on a loch, a few days in Glencoe, and have landed in Edinburgh. I left them drinking in The Last Drop, and they’ll head over to Bannerman’s for some music later on.

Now, I have to type what I’ve got so far. I’m going to type the first three chapters and email them, then type the rest of it as fast as possible and send off the hard copy.

102 pages in six days isn’t too bad. I wouldn’t like to always work at that pace, although, fortunately, this one flowed well. I would like more time for revision, though; but, in this case, I won’t get it, so the raw material better come out of the box (my head) and be promising.

Wrote my pre-Derby article for FemmeFan and submitted it. It might go up a couple of days late, but as long as it hits before Derby Day, I’ll be fine. I’m only going for longshots this year, and passing on the favorites.

Massive headache due to more wrinkles in The Situation, but I have to keep telling myself, one day at a time, and not let The Evil One’s viciousness interfere with my ability to create.


Off to type until my fingers drop off . . .

Devon

2 Comments:

At 11:37 AM, Blogger Lara said...

May the Evil One get Skinworms and die...

;-)

 
At 12:07 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Wow. 102 pages in six days. Absolutely amazing.
And as for the Evil One - what Lara said.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home