Monday, May 29, 2006

Monday, May 29, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Cloudy, warm, humid
Memorial Day

Today we honor those who gave their lives in combat.

This is the 21st century. We should have moved beyond war by now.

I’m sick, and didn’t get any writing done yesterday. I think it’s just a bit of a summer cold – scratchy throat, mild temperature – but it’s still an inconvenience. I’m taking my vitamins and my herbs and letting it run its course yesterday and today. If I need to take something to get through work tomorrow, I will, but I’m hoping that, if I keep fairly quiet, it’ll take care of itself. I don’t feel well enough to whine (never a good sign), and I don’t feel like eating (not a good sign either). I’m making an attempt to eat regularly, because the body can’t fight without fuel.

I went to Connecticut for a little while, sat on the deck and read. First, I read the papers; then I read Chaz’s book, Bridge of Dreams. I’m assuming it’s the first of a series, since I still had many questions at the end of it, and wanted to know what happens next to the characters who are still alive. The book is so rich in detail and texture that I feel as though I have to read it again. Chaz is a wonderful writer no matter what he writes (check out his blog, “The Idle Solitary”, linked to the right), and I’m delighted that this book’s been released in the US.

The ghost story is mostly mapped out in my head, except for the antagonist, who remains shadowy (no pun intended). I’ve got to get a handle on him, because, in this three-way character conflict, if he’s not an equal leg of the triangle, everything will collapse.

The cats are racing around, playing chase, tails fluffed to enormous brushes. I have to eat something – I’m going to the town’s Memorial Day event at 9:30 to see a fellow sufferer in The Situation receive an award for his community service.

I hope to spend the rest of the day quietly, reading and writing.

And maybe, sleeping, if that’s what my body needs, in order to heal.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home