Saturday, May 06, 2006

Saturday, May 6, 2005
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Partly sunny and warm

Happy Derby Day! This afternoon is the Kentucky Derby – I’m looking forward to it.

Yesterday’s shoot went well. We did yet more reshoots of an episode that hasn’t aired yet, plus worked on the season finale. It ran relatively smoothly, and I actually got out earlier in the evening as opposed to working until dawn the following day. So I was happy.

I’m pretty sure that’s my last day on the show, although I may get called in to help with the wrap. I worked a full season on this television show, learned a lot, and found I like the work more than I thought I would.

The Creative Brat was still struggling to be heard all the time, and that was a problem for me, although I think I covered well enough not to let it affect my work.

On my lunch break (at 5 PM), I wandered into Chinatown (since we shot by the courts), and ate in a noodle shop on a small side street. I was the only white girl in there (they took one look at me and gave me a fork, which is good, because I’m hopeless with chopsticks). It was some of the best food I’ve ever eaten – absolute heaven.

Finished reading Alice Hoffman’s Blue Diary. I love her work, but this book left me feeling frustrated. When the protagonist finally opens the diary and reads it, I wanted to know the contents, I wanted to get to know the dead girl through her diary, not be held back by the author to simply watch the protagonist’s response to reading words I couldn’t experience first hand. Also, switching from third POV through two distinct character perspectives (in different chapters) to the chapters told in first person rattled me. Once I was into each chapter, it was fine, and I went with the voice, but the first pages of the switch were jarring.

Went grocery shopping this morning, but the liquor store wasn’t open yet, so I have to go back for some wine. I’m making my infamous devilled eggs for the Derby party, although I hope to also get some more work done on Real before the party.

I’d like to sleep, but that’s not an option right now.

Oh, on Thursday, the actor I was supposed to check out on ER -- wasn’t in that week’s episode. Typical. He’s in next week’s episode. Not sure if I’m going to be able to watch.

The timer rang – time to finish the eggs.

Enjoy the Derby!

Devon

2 Comments:

At 9:47 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Hope you enjoy Derby Day!!

 
At 5:28 AM, Blogger Lara said...

We watched the racing on TV at Red Robin with the kids--and I immediately thought of you!

:-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home