Thursday, May 04, 2006

Thursday, May 04, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Sunny and warm

I thought yesterday was the 4th, but I guess today is.

Excruciating migraine.

Long day on set yesterday. In addition to reshoots yesterday and tomorrow for an episode yet to air, we’re shooting the season finale. I had to prep uniforms for 152 background, most various law enforcement agencies. I got to leave at 10 PM (I left for work at 7 AM), and they were still going. Tomorrow will be another very long day, and next week we find out whether or not we’re picked up. There are rumours swirling beyond the complex, but no one working on the show (even the producers) really knows. The producers would be happy to continue. It’s all up to the network now.

I managed to write a few pages in the morning on Real because I got in early, and on my lunch break (which was at 4 PM). And I wrote a kick ass query letter, if I say so myself.

Of course, the Situation has escalated yet again with more misinformation and harassment. And, being on set, there was only so much I could do from the studio, and only so much I could talk to anyone. It’s not like a desk job. It’s not like I can take a phone call when I feel like it. Or make one.

I’ve got to type, revise, and overnight the rest of the first 100 pages of Real and keep going. Tomorrow will be another long day on set, and I want to make sure my editor has the pages promised before the end of the weekend.

What I want to do is curl up and sleep off the headache. However, I want to have a writing career more, so I’m going to suck it up, not make any excuses and get the damned work done.

Plus, I want these government agencies who are supposed to be dealing with the Situation to get their thumbs out of their collective ass and do their job.

Opinion on the terrorist verdict: I’ve really struggled with this one. On the one hand, I am anti-death penalty most of the time. On the other hand, 3000 people died and this guy has no remorse – in fact, he’s proud and would do it again. However, he wants to be martyred, so why give him what he wants? Solitary for the rest of his life seems like a better solution. Let him drown in his own bile.

I watched an episode of Teachers the other night, because supposedly someone I knew was in it. Except by the time the episode came around, I couldn’t remember for whom to look! Tonight, I’m watching ER (a show I never watch), because a colleague wants me to check out a friend of his who’s on it tonight, with an eye to the three of us working together in the future. I saw some other work on tape that I thought was pretty okay, so we’ll see. I’m still not entirely convinced we’d be a good fit, all the way around.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 2:05 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I feel the same way about the Moussaoui verdict. This guy wanted to be a martyr. He's not getting what he wants. Now he has to live a life of shame.

Darn.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home