Thursday, May 11, 2006

Thursday, May 11, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Rainy and mild

The Derby Wrap-Up article is here:

http://www.femmefan.com/site/featuredarticles/Kentucky%20Derby%20WrapUp%202006.htm

NBC was supposed to release its fall schedule yesterday – and didn’t. So I still don’t know if the series has been picked up or not, and if I’m looking for an interim job or something more long term. I just have to do what I need to do, and if it works out with them, great; if not, fine. I know what I want to do, but the prospect of another season on the series was so financially tempting, there’s no way I could turn it down.

Yesterday was all about Real. 18 pages, slightly over my goal. I’m just past the half way point in estimated page count, and about to hit the halfway turning point in the story, so it seems to align the way I’d hoped. It was slow going – I got the characters to the various destinations from Lindisfarne – Portugal, Amsterdam, Majorca – and then brought them back together in Paris for the current section. Then, I had to spread out all my Paris street maps and other information to move them around properly, and reacquaint myself with the geography (and the beauty) of Giverny. I didn’t want it to become a travelogue – but I wanted to drop sensory details into the locations so that the reader can get a sense of it without finding it a distraction. Let’s face it, when you’re on location, you’re overtired, stressed, fighting to stay on schedule. It’s hard to know where you are, but when something is breathtaking, you hope you notice. For Sam’s day off wander through Paris, instead of having him hit the tourist sites, I had him intend to, then get put off by the lines at the Louvre. He wanders around and ends up at Notre Dame and on Ile de la Cité for most of the day, then wanders over to student-friendly bars near the Sorbonne.

Today, I have to figure out the sequence shot in the Tuilleries, another character performs a malicious act that lands Sam in the hospital, and I have to move everyone on to Marseilles.

That should keep me busy!

Also have to catch up on all the paperwork I didn’t get done yesterday, which include a stack of business letters and resumes. I might do those first.

I gave myself a very quiet, yoga-filled night last night. I need it. The Situation’s causing a lot of stress, and will continue to do so. Especially since those who are supposed to be handling it are pussyfooting around instead of taking definitive action, and I’m quickly losing respect.

I need to type the two short stories I’ve written so far for the writing exercises, and work on this week’s exercise.

I’m slowly able to access the host email accounts that I couldn’t – they’re doing an upgrade and fixing some of the problems. One account has 1700 emails in it. Hopefully (?) most of them are spam and can be quickly deleted. Hopefully, I haven’t lost any jobs because of this.

We’re supposed to have a few days of heavy rain. I hope the brook doesn’t overflow.

Down to business.

Devon

1 Comments:

At 8:41 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Have to say, Real sounds better and better each day you talk about it!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home