Tuesday, May 09, 2006

Tuesday, May 09, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Cloudy and cool


What do you want?

That’s the big question, right? In all the chaos of the past few months, and with the television show wrapping and me not sure I want to go back into 8 show/week Broadway schedule, I’ve had to sit down and seriously think about it.

What I want is to be able to work on my books and my other writing.

I want large swaths of uninterrupted work time, preferably in the library/study of my house.

I want to live away from the chaos, and, especially, be far, far away from the Evil One – yet I want him to have consequences for the actions against all the people’s he’s harmed.

The question becomes: How do I get there?

And that’s where I’m getting fouled up. Because The Situation is taking the bulk of my time and energy, there’s very little left to put into the transition. If I don’t fight back in The Situation, I’ll end up in even worse shape.

So I’m on this shore. I see my goal on that shore. And I have to figure out how to build the boat, learn how to sail, and then deal with the pirates along the way.

Aboslutely nothing done on Real yesterday, which was frustrating. I spent hours in the law library, until my head was spinning and the print blurred, and nothing made sense. The one book I really, really, really needed, on Torts, had been stolen – just a few days ago! Gosh darn it! I wrote notes until I ran out of paper (I’d only brought one pad). Now I have to consolidate them, figure them out, pull out what’s relevant, and type it up in coherent form.

This is only the tip of the iceberg. I figure I have a couple of hundred hours of research still to do.

Worked on several drafts of the pro bono gig, with my colleagues on it. I think we’ve done good work, but we can’t get bogged down in endless revision. It needs to go out NOW. Not in a week. NOW.

Procrastinators drive me nuts. I certainly do my share, but not when other people’s well-being is at stake. I tend to procrastinate when the only one who pays the price is me.

Got to run in to the city early. I have to stop at the Italian Tourist Bureau in Rockefeller Center to get info on Venice and Rome for the sections of Real set there. The Czech Tourist Board is sending me info on Prague. No word yet from Holland.

I’ve got a packed day, I’m way behind on Real and damn well better start catching up, and none of this will happen on its own.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home