Friday, June 30, 2006

Friday, June 30, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Hazy and warm

I was in a haze most of yesterday. I got out some letters and a query. But all the fiction writing I did had to be tossed. It was unsalvageable. Oh, well, sometimes that happens.

The show was fine. The physical demands of it – heavy costumes, moving the racks, working on a raked stage – are starting to take a toll. I simply don’t have the physical stamina to do this full time anymore, and I’m not willing to do it and be miserable, as so many people do. Coming in and swinging is fine; but to take on another full time track would be a huge mistake.

I finished reading Jasper Fforde’s Something Rotten, which was a lot of fun. I like the inventiveness and the political satire involved in his writing.

I have absolutely nothing interesting to say today. I’m a little sleepy, but a bit more relaxed than I’ve been in a long time. I have to let the knots untwist slowly.

I managed to pull myself together late in the afternoon yesterday to give the newspaper another interview about the Situation.

I’m going to do some writing, head back to the theatre, and another night of getting home at 1 a.m.

I can look forward to Tuesday as a day off; there was some talk of booking me through next week, but I have a feeling another swing is going to campaign heavily for those days, and, in true fashion, they’ll go with whomever yells the loudest, instead of whomever is the best. I don’t really care – I’ll be happy to do a few more days and have the money, but I can also use the time for writing and healing. Either way, I win.

I’m going to try to do about an hour of yoga this afternoon to loosen the muscles that are bunching up because of the show’s demands.

I started on the research for one of the articles due in August. I also want to get going for September’s Scruffy Dog Review column.

I’ve been working on my GDR Mid-Year Evaluation, and I’ll post it soon. Yes, I think I might actually be able to start again with the GDRs.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home