Monday, June 12, 2006

June 12 Part II

Today is one of those torturuous days where every word is a struggle. I don’t have writer’s block – I know what needs to be written. But I can’t concentrate on getting it done.

Part of it is more trouble with The Situation.

Part of it is – I don’t know. Mental exhaustion as well as physical.

The story’s fine – although, since I know who will be my Trusted Reader, I’m slipping into his cadence instead of my own and already had to rewrite two chunks of it.

I usually do well under deadline, but today – every word is a struggle.

It’s a day when I have to completely rely on craft and discipline, because there’s no art, no Muse, nothing but finding a way to make it work.

I prefer the free-flowing days that leave you feeling tired but high.

D.

2 Comments:

At 10:15 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

Here's hoping you get some relief from The Situation soon.

Oh, and I prefer the latter myself.

 
At 11:20 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Who doesn't enjoy those days? Heaven knows I do. When they happen.

This Situation is poisoning your life. May it be resolved soon. You need your life back.

:-*

 

Post a Comment

<< Home