Friday, June 09, 2006

June 9, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Saturn Retrograde
Cloudy and warm

When my friend J. and I parted yesterday, he said, “May the glimmer of hope turn into a ray turn into a rainbow.”

Hold that thought, everyone.

I’m afraid to even start wondering what getting my life back would mean.

Sent off three queries in the morning, and by noon, got one affirmative. That’s the way I like it!

Finished, polished, and sent my column in the SDR.

The tourist information from Arizona came – I have the photos I need from Mogollan Rim to finish the story.

I was very restrained yesterday at Strand Books. I only bought four. I spent almost all my time in the “literary” section – the biographies and diaries of writers. I wanted to buy a new set of Virginia Woolf’s diaries, and they had some of them in nice hardcovers – but a bit out of my price range right now. I want to get a full set of her diaries and a full set of her letters hardbound. I think I’ll wait until I have the space and the income to get a really good set and have a bookseller hunt them down and buy them all together.

Books I bought: Pen to Paper by Pamela Frankau; It’s Only The Sister by Angela du Maurier (yes, that du Maurier); Poemcrazy by Susan Wooldbridge; and Lady Tennyson’s Journal. I looked for Sir Walter Scott’s journals. They had an entire shelf full of biographies about him, but not his journals. They are available for download on the Guttenberg Project, but I’d rather have a volume I can cart around with me.

Came up with two excellent book titles – no I’m not sharing yet. Now I have to figure out the books that go with them.

J. and I went to my favorite hangout in the neighborhood, Cedar Tavern on University Place, for a good lunch, and then we wandered around the Village for a bit and walked back up to midtown.

I was so tired last night that I went to bed at 9:30. Even the faint hope that all the misery could be over in a month makes me realize how close to breakdown I’ve been for the past weeks.

If things truly are resolved, then I can start making plans. But first, I need to take some time of, thinking about everything and nothing.

I have to get my hair cut today -- with all the events this weekend, I can’t go looking like a scarecrow.

And, today, I want to finish the ghost story, so I can revise it over the weekend, and send it off on Monday.

The wonderful freelancer Kristen King (inkthinker) tagged me, so here goes:

Four jobs I’ve had:
--administrator for a non-profit
--wardrobe on Broadway
--stage manager off-Broadway
--playwright

Four Movies I can watch over and over:
--Finding Neverland
--The Maltese Falcon
--Casablanca
--Star Wars (the original)

Four Places I’ve lived:
--New York, NY
--Tallahassee, FL
--San Francisco, CA
--Seattle, WA
There are more, but I’m only allowed to list four.

Four TV shows I love:
--Rescue Me
--The West Wing
--Grey’s Anatomy

--whatever I’m working on at the moment

Four Highly Recommended Shows I Haven’t Seen Much of:
--um, I usually work nights at the theatre, so it doesn’t really matter.
Let’s see:
--House
--ER
--Deadwood
( I really want to see this one, but don’t have HBO)


Four Places I’ve Vacationed:
--Scotland
--Cannes
--Lake Como, Italy
--New Mexico

Four of my favorite dishes:
--mashed potatoes
--warm banana pudding
--scallop fettucine
--steak au poivre


Four Sites I visit daily:
--About Freelance Writing
--The Daily Racing Form
--The Hollywood Reporter
--all the blogs linked to the right

Four Places I’d Rather Be Right Now:
--Scotland
--Montreal
--Iceland
--Cape Cod

Four Bloggers I’m tagging:
--Sagie (Granny Grumbles)
--Lorianne (Hoarded Ordinaries)
--Angela Miller
--Debra Young (Pendrifter)

1 Comments:

At 2:53 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

ok! d:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home