Saturday, June 03, 2006

Saturday, June 3, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Rainy and cool

Eleven new pages on Real, and a fix on something silly I’d missed. They are moments from being finished in Prague, and then it’s off to Tahiti, where the next big plot/character shift happens.

Also typed Chapter Six of the piece – I don’t want to leave too much until the end and then have nothing but typing to do for days.

I completely forgot that this past week was when I expected to hear from the editor as to whether or not she’s interested in taking Real to contract or if she’s going to pass. Actually, two weeks would have been the week before Memorial Day, but that weekend always makes things wacky. So I’ll send off an email on Monday morning as a follow up and see where we stand.

This weekend, I have to prepare several pitches for Llewellyn; work on Real; and complete the first draft of the ghost story.

I also need to prepare another proposal that I’ve been thinking about for awhile, but haven’t followed through. It’s time to follow-through. And, I’m trying to decide if Angel Hunt should be submitted as a serial (I have to finish first, but it’s within five episodes of completion), or if I want to go back and do a full set of revisions and turn it into a novel.

Shallid is poking at me again, and Clear the Slot wants to know when I’m going to get around to fixing those last few chapters. It’s time for it to start making the rounds. Of course, these are the chapters where the bulk of it has to be tossed and rebuilt from scratch.

I need to prioritize – being without GDRs has hurt my prioritization. But The Situation has made it impossible to do any more than try to survive each day as it comes and steal as much writing time as possible.

Paid work first. Then other deadlines. Then spec.

The Muses demand to be fed, and I dare not deny them. They’ve morphed from human forms to snarling beasts.

A rumour regarding The Situation is floating around – I’m trying to confirm it. My gut instinct is, if it’s true, it could be good news for us, in the short term. And, if we respond to it promptly and properly, we can turn it into good news for the long run. But, working with people is like herding cats, and we wouldn’t be in the pickle we’re in now if people would keep their word and do what they say they’re going to do.

In any case, I’m back to the page. I’ve lost six months of my life due to this frigging Situation, and I’m sick of it.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 9:39 AM, Blogger Lara said...

...and when it's all over (and has turned out in your favor!) you deserve a nice long vacation!

:-)

 
At 10:23 PM, Blogger Ann said...

That book sounds so good - Tahiti! Wow. My travel-bug is psyched. Let us know when and where it is published.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home