Thursday, June 15, 2006

Thursday, June 15, 2006
Waning Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Cloudy and humid

Entering the third day of the migraine. Not my idea of a good time.

Last night’s speech to the City Council had a positive impact, on them, and the Mayor asked me to come down to City Hall today with some additional documentation. Public speaking ranks right up there with root canal work, as far as I’m concerned; however, in this case it was necessary, everyone paid attention, and several people afterwards told me it had gone well. I had no idea – I was up there making my points, editing my comments as I went, and presenting the proof.

The team was split last night, with two meetings running in two different towns, and our representatives at each meeting.

I got home in time to see the third period and the overtime of the Edmonton-Carolina game – and Edmonton won! In Carolina, no less! I was thrilled for Edmonton’s Raffi Torres, but felt badly for Carolina’ Cam Ward.

Ah, for the days where I felt loyalty to a team brand instead of individual players! :)

Off to City Hall now, and then . . .to sink into the ghost story. I’m not looking at it as wrestling it to the finish – I’m looking at it as welcome relief from the stress of the past week.

Because, after all, tomorrow IS Friday, and I have no doubt the Other Side will fire their next volley.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 9:34 AM, Blogger Lara said...

...and you'll be READY for it! Give 'em heck!

I know you don't like to take medicine, but Exedrin Migraine (2 of them) always do the trick for me. I highly recommend it.
Feel better!

 
At 4:25 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Feel better soon! I know all too well that feeling of the never-ending migraine. Not fun, especially when you just can't give into it!

Was very happy to see the Oilers win myself. Although they're not my favourite team, they are Canadian so that counts in my book! ;-)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home