Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Tuesday, June 13, 2006
Waning Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Sunny and warm

Yesterday was a tough day. Plenty to do, but hard to focus.

The Evil One slithered around yesterday, and the Situation is getting worse. Someone is going to get hurt if this isn’t resolved.

I struggled with the ghost story, and I don’t understand why. I know what has to be written; but I’m having trouble with the writing of it.

I polished tomorrow’s exercise. I revised the short stories “Not My Vote”, “Need”, and “Suppositions.” The latter needs a new title – it sounds like something you stick up your butt on a bad day.

I frittered away far too much time on the internet, but I left seven “Calling Cards” on blogs I’d never visited before. I enjoy doing that – looking down the links of blogs to which I link, and visiting blogs I haven’t visited before. Sometimes, I become a regular visitor and they end up on my links list for our daily visit; sometimes, they don’t.

The lemon cake came out perfectly, and was a hit at the meeting, where we figured out how to split up what needs to be said Tonight, when I come home, I have to work on that.

The Edmonton-Carolina game was good, but Carolina won, giving them a series lead of 3-1. Edmonton could be eliminated on Wednesday. Although I’m delighted for the 22-year-old goalie, Cam Ward, who was amazing, I felt bad for my Edmonton fave, Raffi Torres. But, it’s not over yet, and I have hopes that Edmonton can get it together and stay alive.

Off to the theatre today, and dealing with The Situation via distance, I guess.

I’m only taking the ghost story with me, so I can work on the train and in my break.

I got an extension on the deadline, but it still means I have to get going.

My editor tracked down my missing check – it hadn’t been written yet – and supposedly, it went out last night. I should have it in a few days. Out of 45 contributors to this publication, I’m the only one who noticed the check hadn’t arrived. What is with these people? Don’t they pay attention? I’m talking about the other writers, here! We did a job, we signed a contract to be paid, put the date in your calendar and make sure it happens. Apathy equals condonement, and that’s why so much in this country is in such a mess. It starts with the little things and grows.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 12:42 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I do the blog list thing too! Another thing I like to do is look at my tracking program to see who visited me and then visit them. Sometimes it leads me to the most interesting blogs!

Speaking of interesting blogs, I have to update my links soon. I've found some new ones that I read every day, and need to put them on the list!

 
At 1:15 PM, Blogger Diana said...

Yes, we get in ruts and forget to check the blogrolls of our regular reads and it's a good thing to do every now and again. I've really enjoyed the Poetry Thursday and Sunday Scribblings projects, too; it feels like a "blog-mixer." I've found several new regular reads through these projects, ones which I had never come across before.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home