Tuesday, June 20, 2006

Tuesday, June 20, 2006
Waning Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Cloudy and humid

I had terrible dreams about the Situation last night, obviously anxiety dreams, and woke up feeling as though I didn’t get any sleep.

Congratulations to the Carolina Hurricanes, who won the Stanley Cup! I’m so proud of Cam Ward, anchoring in goal for the series and the Final, and winning it, at only 22. It’s an excellent team – and guys like Rod Brind’Amour, Glen Wesley, et al – veterans who give everything every night – they deserve it!

I still felt badly for the Oilers, especially Torres, Peca, and Pronger. I miss having Torres and Peca here in the East, where I can go see them play regularly, but they’re doing so well in Edmonton, I have to be happy for them.

It was a fantastic game, and either team truly could have won. Carolina kept digging in and digging in – Edmonton took too many bad penalties, but, to give them credit, they never caved.

The ghost story that I sent out yesterday was accepted by the evening, along with the contract/financials. Filled everything out and will send it this morning. I’m absolutely delighted. The anthology will be released in August.

I gave up on Elizabeth Bowen’s A World of Love. I hated all the characters and didn’t care what happened to them. I read Elizabeth Forsythe Hailey's A Woman of Independent Means. Although I often felt the protagonist was mean and a bit controlling, the book was still fascinating.

Somehow, I have to drag myself to Manhattan today to the show. I’m so exhausted. I just want to curl up and stay in bed all day.

D.

2 Comments:

At 9:18 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Aw, you poor thing. A night full of bad dreams feels the same as getting NO sleep!

Get to bed early tonight, you'll need it!

Have fun at the theatre!

:-)

 
At 2:35 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

The ghost story sold! (cheer!) D:)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home