Friday, July 21, 2006

Friday, July 21, 2006
Waning Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Rainy and humid

Day 12 of Home Om on Kemmyrk. How’s your experience with it?

We’re getting dribs and drabs of Tropical-Whatever Beryl. The humidity is awful and the storm’s comings and goings triggered a migraine (we are now on Day 2).

Needless to say, it was a Lost Writing Day yesterday, as is usual after working the show. How much of the exhaustion is caused by psychological factors in addition to the physical demands of the show, I don’t know.

I managed to catch up on some mail and get a few things done. I got to the wine store, I got over to Trader Joe’s. The intent was only to get cat food (they LOVE the organic cat food), but, of course, I came back with four bags of food.

I stopped at a little farm stand – they had some great garden statuary. I also got a catmint plant that’s in bloom and a Munstead Lavender plant. The “Munstead” lavender was named for Gertrude Jekyll’s home. I repotted both as soon as I got home and hung the catmint where the cats can’t reach it. Yet. I’m sure they’ll figure out a way, taking down the curtains or something when they do. This morning, when the breeze started up, the scent of lavender wafted through the room. Hopefully, that window gets enough sunlight (when there’s sun) to keep it alive.

Took a three hour nap after dinner and then went to bed around 10. I was wiped out yesterday.

Today, I still have the migraine, but the rest of me feels a bit better.

Serious backstage drama going on at the show. I’m sure it’s handled the way it usually is – with a sledgehammer instead of a scalpel. Egos and passive aggression and lack of careful handling, no doubt, all contribute to it. I’m staying as far out of it as possible. The business is not my path anymore. The more quickly I complete my transition, the better off I’ll be.

Off to get some writing done, migraine or no migraine.

Devon

2 Comments:

At 9:26 AM, Blogger Colin said...

Hope that migraine passes quickly.

 
At 6:01 PM, Blogger Pris said...

hope you feel better! pris

 

Post a Comment

<< Home