Friday, July 28, 2006

Friday, July 28, 2006
Waxing Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Hot, humid, cloudy

Day 19 of Home Om on Kemmyrk.

Worked on the articles. Will have two of them done and need an extension on the third, mostly because I’m waiting for quotes. And then also have to finish the column.

Actually, I’m going to ask one of my editors if I can flip deadlines – I can give him an article to which he extended a deadline early, and then the other article later, if that works.

Trying to readjust my perspective on The Situation, but it’s difficult not to be crushingly depressed. I have to remember that I do not have to agree to let greedy bastards control my life. Jaguar is one of my totems – try to back me in a corner, and I show my teeth and claws. At this point, I’m metaphorically willing to rip their throats out.

Off to the city today. I’d rather stay home and work, but I also know that I would simply pace and fret. So, the actual motion of going to the city should help shake me out of the writing lethargy and get me back on track. I don’t want to lose momentum on any of the projects, although the paid, contracted work must come first over the weekend.

I’ll have to batten down the hatches and not answer the phone or the door over the weekend. I need to get my work done, and I can’t let The Situation dictate whether or not I do.

I admit that I’m horribly depressed. I’ll find a way out of the pit, but right now, it’s not looking good, on any front.

At least I’m not throwing up anymore.

Devon

6 Comments:

At 11:20 AM, Blogger Sue said...

I am really sorry you're having such a time of it right now, Devon!

Through all your posts thought, one thing is extremely clear. You are strong, driven and focussed. It may not feel that way right now, but it's there.

Take care and I hope tomorrow is a better day!

 
At 11:58 AM, Blogger Debra Young said...

I'm sorry the Situation is raising its ugly maw again. Don't let it eat away your days. Keep your focus. d:

 
At 12:13 PM, Blogger Ann said...

That is awful about the Situation -the stress sounds unbearable.
And (yesterday's post) I totally agree about the Andrea Yates verdict - the verdict was insane, if you ask me.
And I think in many cases the person should be steralized to prevent suffering to future children- and this is one of the strongest.

 
At 1:03 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

I'm so sorry to hear The Situation has reared its ugly head again. You've been so strong and I know how tough this must be. Hang in there. {{HUGS}}

 
At 4:58 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I just want to add my "hang in there" to all the others. You're strong and I know you will get through this okay. I'll be sending good thoughts and vibes your way.

 
At 7:19 PM, Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

(((Devon))), sorry things are rough right now. Hang in there, keep your eyes on the prize (that sometimes helps me)and try not to let the stress get to you. (I know, I need to follow my own advice).

 

Post a Comment

<< Home