Thursday, July 13, 2006

July 13 Part II


I’m worried about Barbaro’s worsening condition. I hope I shan’t have to write a eulogy soon.

Finished The Writer in the Garden, edited by Jane Garmey. What a wonderful book! And it’s got me hunting down several other writers to whose work the book introduced me.

Got my check from Maiden Publishing for “Knowing”, the ghost story for the Mogollon Rim anthology. Woo-hoo!

Ten pages on Real, which was a relief. Sam’s back in LA and miserable. He feels isolated from his own life, because of all his experiences in the four months shooting around the world with very smart, literate people. Callie’s off to the Yucatan, exploring.

Worked on some article stuff – there’s quite a variety of work to get done, and the deadlines are looming. I really only have half of August to do the work due in September, because I’ll be traveling for part of August. So I need to get the jump on those articles.

I have to sort out my information from last weekend and figure out what the heck I’m going to write and to which markets I need to pitch it.

And the short stories are whirling around my head, creating their own tornado.

I’m throwing out almost everything I wrote from two of the five stories written in the Dog Blog exercises. Three of the stories have been revised so I’m happy with them, and submitted. The other two need to be rebuilt from scratch. I’m keeping the protagonists – I like them – but tossing nearly everything else. I need to get back to the mystery, and I need to work on the story I stared in the Coliseum Books Café last Wednesday.

If I alternate some of the short story stuff with the article stuff, I should be able to balance it all without wearing out.

1 Comments:

At 11:57 PM, Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

I'm having to do that with one of my stories - toss out just about everything but the basic plot and the characters because it just wasn't working. And wouldn't you know it, that was the one that was almost done. Sheesh.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home