Sunday, July 23, 2006

Sunday, July 23, 2006
Waning Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Rainy and a little cooler


Day 14 of Home Om over on Kemmyrk. Yeah, I know, yesterday I said it was Day 12, but it was actually Day 13. I can’t count.

9 ½ pages of Real. Sam’s on his way to London for the opening of Callie’s play. Yes, we dealt with the ex-girlfriend wanting to jump off a building; you’ll have to read the book to find out what happened.

Typed Chapters 4 and 5 of Draft 1A of Shallid. I had to rename a few things, and develop a character that will mean a lot further down the line. I had to name Chapter 5. Most of the time, I don’t name chapters, but for this book, it’s important. Which means now I have to come up with pithy chapter names for every chapter in every book of the series. Also realized that I mentioned a few things that were later dropped, but can’t be, because they’re an important foundation, even if they won’t be the focus of the story for a few books. Chapter Four needed more work than Chapter 5. I’ve resigned myself to doing some of the smaller fixes in this draft, but leaving big fixes for the second draft.

Only 3 pages of Jioleagh. I’d written myself into a corner, and had a heck of a time getting out. But I think I’m out.

I have to cut some of the outline for “The Merry’s Dalliance.” Too much plot, too many characters for a short story. I may have enough for more than one story, but, if I expect to make the deadline, I need to concentrate on one. I also have to go back to my pirate research and choose which type of ship I want them to use, what realistic details I want to build the fantastical details on to. This ship does some rather, um, unusual things at times. And the Merry is a much of a character as the protagonists or anyone else.

I’m looking for “Ris an Abrar”. I know I put it in a safe place, which means I have absolutely no idea where it is. Hopefully, it wasn’t in the pile of files that “mysteriously” disappeared from the apartment during The Situation.

I had some friends over last night and we watched National Treasure. I liked it even better this time, although I would have made the additions regarding Ian Howe as mentioned previously. My friends loved it – until the end in front of the big house. So, since it was on DVD, I got to show them the real ending, in the Archives – the one that we all agreed works soooo much better.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again: it’s amazing that anything even remotely coherent makes it to the screen or the small screen – too many middle executives putting their “mark” on it and diluting the vision.


Real – 81, 875 words out of est. 100,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
81 / 100
(81.0%)



Shallid – 12,828 words out of 82,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
12 / 82
(14.6%)


Jioleagh – 5,125 words out of 85,000
Zokutou word meterZokutou word meter
5 / 85
(5.9%)

1 Comments:

At 8:53 AM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Congrats on all the writing!

I named my issues when R&F was a serial with Inara. I decided to use them as chapter names and so I had to come up with titles for the rest of the chapters. It's not easy! Anyway, both books will have chapter names and some of them are, let's face it, crappy. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home