Thursday, July 13, 2006

Thursday, July 13, 2006
Waning Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Rainy, hot, humid


Come join us for Day 4 of Home Om on Kemmryk. It’s about breaking patterns and taking responsibility.

There was a tornado a few miles up-county. We don’t usually get tornados in this neck of the woods. It destroyed a California Closets building facility and hurt six people. A little scary.

The cats hated the severe thunderstorms last night. Well, Elsa was terrified. The twins sat in the window, fascinated, and meowed at the thunder and lightening.

Just call me Ms. Crabolina. I mean, really, I can’t lose an entire day every time I work shows, and the day after a show, I’m always logey and have trouble focusing. The physical and mental exhaustion get worse and worse.

Yesterday, I got my entries done for the various blogs, checked through mail, caught up on reading and boards – and it took me four hours, and there was twelve noon. This is what happens when I sleep in until eight. Hate it.

After lunch, I couldn’t concentrate, so I finished Sharon Shinn’s Wrapt in Crystal. It’s outstanding, one of the better books I’ve read in the fantasy Sci-Fi genre – and it definitely fits into both genres within the genre, with some interesting but non-intrusive romance thrown in to the mix. I want to read more of her books.

I’d love to interview her, but she doesn’t maintain her own site – she’s got information via a marketing firm and via her publisher. So I’ll have to contact her for the interview via a publisher, and their process is often slower because of the workload. I doubt I can get it in time for the next column of “Literary Athlete”, but maybe the one after. We’ll see. I ask the publicist at her publisher and see – maybe we can work it into the earlier deadline.

Now I’m really being unfair – getting irritated because a writer’s not maintaining her own site and doesn’t have her contact info readily available. Hardly appropriate!

Managed to revise the short stories “Not My Vote”, “Needed”, and “Election Exaction” and get them out on submission. The latter started life as “Suppositions” – and we all know why that title had to go. Then, it became “Apriorism” and that still wasn’t right. And today it went through about six more titles before I finally just wore out and stuck with “Election Exaction.” We’ll see. Maybe the editor (if it’s accepted) will have a better idea.

I still have two more stories to work on and get out soon, and also the K.M Farnesworth mystery story that I put aside a couple of months ago.

The motto for the rest of this year is: Finish it!

Still working on the interview questions and still not happy with them. This isn’t brain surgery, after all. I think I’m over-complicating and over-litererizing the questions. Keep it simple, and ask what I really want to know.

Let’s try it again.

The next few days are supposed to be yucky and awfully hot. I never do my best work in the heat, but I’ll do what I can.

At least I have acupuncture tomorrow – I desperately need it. And, I have to race into the city EARLY to pick up my check and come out and THEN drive out to the island for acupuncture.

Tomorrow will be a race-around day.

So I better be productive today.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 11:52 AM, Blogger Lara said...

May you have a VERY productive day! Hang in there, Ms. Andretti!

 
At 12:19 PM, Blogger Ann said...

WE had some major storms last night too - outside my window, the lightening was going crazy, the thunder was banging and the rain was pouring down in sheets. I just sat and watched for awhile - it was absolutely beautiful.

 
At 1:54 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Here's to a productive day!

It's going to be 100 here today. UGH.

 
At 3:53 PM, Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

I've lived in tornado alley my entire life - first in Iowa, now in Texas, so tornadoes close isn't a big deal - but I know it is there because they talked about it on Regis and Kelly (mother must watch that every morning).

And I love thunder storms.

I hope today goes well for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home