Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Wednesday, July 5, 2006
Waxing Moon
Jupiter Retrograde
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Mercury Retrograde
Heavy rain

Yesterday, I was featured on Day 4 of Anne Wayman’s “31 Days to Better Freelance Writing” on The Golden Pencil, part of About Freelance Writing.com:

http://www.thegoldenpencil.com/2006/07/04/31-days-to-better-freelance-writing-day-4/


The post to the Dog Blog will be late, because I’m still working on it. I feel less guilty than I would normally, because, for the most part, I’m the only one who has kept up with the posts over the past few weeks.

I need to come up with something interesting for Blog Carnival. If I figure out how to use that properly, I think it will be a good marketing tool.

Found a couple of interesting new markets, and I need to play with some ideas for them.

Okay, here’s something I think carries a Major Creepazoid Factor: I was going through job postings yesterday. Some guy out in LA who claims to be in “the industry” wants his dating bio rewritten – for money -- by a woman in her 20s of a distinct physical description, and he wants to meet in person over coffee to “discuss” it.

Yeah, right. He doesn’t want his dating bio rewritten – he’s using this to get dates. If he wanted a legit writer, he wouldn’t care what the WRITER looked like, or how old the WRITER was, or the gender. Not only is he a slime bucket, he’s a lying slime bucket.

My take is he’s either trying this as a ploy to get laid, or he works for the XXX industry and is using this to meet new prospects for the films.

I went through thousands (literally – I stopped counting at 5000) of spam mails yesterday, trying to sort through the 1 and 1 accounts. Couldn’t get in to 13 Journals again, so I’m still behind on that.

But I updated:

Circadian Poems

And

The Place and Space Journal Project

I’m working on a new entry for A Biblio Paradise, and some ideas for that one, as well.

I worked on my bookstore list, updated my agent list, caught up on some blogs.

Got a press release out to Luna Jensen PR so that it can be released via PR web and other mailings.

Started typing Shallid – as you can see from the bar in yesterday’s second entry. I’m falling in love with it again, which is good.

Didn’t get much done on Real, but that’s okay – it’s my one day off from it this week.

Sir Walter Scott’s Journal (or “Gurnal” as he calls it) is interesting. On the one hand, he’s generous. On the other, he’s somewhat of a snob, although not anywhere near what many people around him are. In some ways (and he seems to agree), his financial problems in the 1820s are something of a blessing, because he gets a better sense of reality, and he is also determined to write his way out of his financial mess.

Between Sir Walter Scott and Chaz Brenchley, I’m downright lazy!

Two shows today, which will be tough. I hope to get some writing done on the dinner break. I at least want to prepare the questions to send to the various sources I want to interview for the herbal article and The Literary Athlete.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 10:20 AM, Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

Oh I agree, the guy sounds like a complete creep.

You're one busy gal. I'll have to go back and read some archive stuff just to catch up with your life. *g*

 
At 11:49 AM, Blogger Diana said...

I am so intrigued by your Dog Blog exercises; my life exploded right around when you started posting them so I didn't follow through with the schedule, but I did want to mention that I consolidated all of them to date on one page and plan to attack it again. Just wanted to let you know that someone else finds them inspiring!

 
At 12:52 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Oh what a total creep!! Pretty sure you're right about him using that to get dates or other nefarious doings.

You are still an inspiration to me with everything you do! :)

 
At 2:27 PM, Blogger A.M.Adams said...

Hey Devon,

Just checkin' in -- have to admire your focus and stamina you've maintained for the past few months. Thanks for the comment, will be reading your blog more regularly now.
Take care!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home