Friday, August 25, 2006

Friday, August 25, 2006
Waxing Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Rainy and humid


So a bunch of guys with too much time on their hands got together and voted Pluto out as a planet? Have any of them ever been there? I don’t think so. Get over your egos, boys. Pluto stays.

Worked on the article yesterday; will finish it and send it off today.

CT is great – love the kitchen. Cooked chicken with alfredo noodles, white and sweet corn with thyme, and peas in butter sauce for dinner last night.

The house is wonderful and comfortable, and there are plenty of places to read and write. I have discovered, though, that when I set up my own house, I will need to set writing desks in several rooms. I like to Roam ‘N Write.

Still reading Dawn Powell’s diaries. I like her thoughts on her process.

Reworked the last scene of the play this morning (since the dog bounced me out of the bed at 6:02 AM). Still needs some work, but then I’ll put it in the “To Type” pile, and, once it’s typed, it will “rest” for a couple of weeks until I do revisions.

When I get the article off and head back to CT, I’m going to do a bit more work on the play, on Real, and then some housekeeping work on Shallid – I need to make some notes so that I can keep certain people and things consistent in Jioleagh. I’m upset that the original notes are still missing – where I’d worked out who was in which class and schedule notes and all of that. Plot and character arcs I can hold in my head, but the logistics of getting from A to B and the details – I need the notes. So I’ll have to recreate them from the draft.

Then, maybe, finally, I can turn my attention to “Ris an Abrar”. October’s not that far away.

Working on some short stories, too, from the SDR exercises. On Monday, when I’m back here, I need to print off some pieces so I can haul them to the post office and submit them.

Short entry today – I need to push to get that article done and get back to CT. I thought I had something interesting to say today, but, once I sat down at the computer, it’s all gone.

Guess I’m saving it for the article and the fiction.

Have a good weekend, all! Probably won’t blog again until Sunday night or Monday.

Devon

3 Comments:

At 10:33 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I like to roam when I write, but I usually just get up from the desk and walk around for awhile, then come back and write a few more paragraphs. It's weird.

 
At 11:35 AM, Blogger Tenille said...

Congrats on finishing the first draft, Devon!

When you mentioned roaming and writing, I thought of my favorite place to write, but it's too weird to even mention, so nevermind.

Hope you're enjoying your time in CT and dinner last night sounds delicious!

 
At 6:31 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

'See' you soon!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home