Friday, August 04, 2006

Friday, August 4, 2006
Waxing Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Hot and humid, but cooler than it’s been


Day 26 of Home Om.

Caught my train, got the subway, and there was a van waiting at the station. Getting to the studio was great.

I’m supposed to be the additional, right? That means, ease into the new job, learn the system, do the little jobs no one else wants . . .

Um, no.

Within my first fifteen minutes, I found out that I was the ONLY wardrobe person being sent with the principal actors for the sequence they were shooting at the helipad.

Matching scenes that were shot nearly two months ago.

Plus, it’s over 100 degrees, but we’re shooting something that’s supposed to take place in March, so the actors are wearing jackets.

Except the pilot (a real one), who was “camera ready” – and wore shorts. So I made them (the A.D.s ) swear to me that we’d never see his legs.

Can I say working on the helipad rocked? Okay, so it was a zillion degrees and I resemble a half-cooked lobster (remember, I was told I’d be in the studio all day). But I LOVE helicopters, and it was so much fun!

The rest of the day ebbed and flowed – a photo double couldn’t fit into the jeans for the shot, so I scrambled to find something that fit her in somewhat of the same color range – and it became a minor detail because they’d hired someone with the wrong color hair. And no one knows until she walks onto the set for the shot. Fortunately, hair is not my problem.

They let me go after twelve hours, and today promises to be even longer. I’m bouncing between three different units (A unit is working as a split unit tomorrow, and then there’s B unit). But they’ve assembled an amazing cast, and it looks like the show is going to be really good! I’m excited to see it all put together.

Plus, the other show shooting in that studio has almost everyone from Conviction, the series I worked on from November to May. So it’s like old home week! The good people keep working, and you run into them over and over and OVER again.

I am so tired I can hardly see, and but I got to sleep in until 4:30 AM this morning!

And then, I get to sleep for a few days.

Devon

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Oh my gosh how fun!!! And yes, get some SLEEP this weekend!

 
At 12:27 PM, Blogger Ann said...

My land, you lead an exciting life! If you ever write your autobiography let me know - I'll be breaking down the amazon doors to buy it.

 
At 2:56 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Poor you! Plus feeling poorly, plus wanting to write.

Frustrating!

By the way, you won my blog of the week today.

:o)

 
At 5:16 PM, Blogger Siobhan said...

It sounds like a great job. Have a great weekend, Devon!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home