Saturday, August 05, 2006

Saturday, August 05, 2006 Part II


Bailey didn’t tag me, but I’m participating anyway:

One Book:

One book that changed my life: Uncle Tom’s Cabin by Harriet Beecher Stowe. I first read it in the fifth grade for a social studies project and felt like I’d been punched in the gut. I’ve never been the same since.

One book that I have read more than once: There are dozens. But I’d have to say Possession by A.S. Byatt, which I think is one of the best books ever written.

One book I would want on a deserted island: Can’t imagine having just one. Guess it would have to be Little Women by Louisa May Alcott. It’s a toss up between that one and Pride and Prejudice by Jane Austen.

One book that made me laugh: Maskerade by Terry Pratchett. I read it backstage while I worked on Miss Saigon on Broadway (it has sly references to various Cameron Mackintosh productions) and laughed so hard they nearly took me away in a strait jacket.

One book that made me cry: The Bloody Field by Edith Pargeter. Being a Hotspur fanatic, how could it not make me cry?

One book I wish I’d written: Harry Potter. Any of them. Rowling created something magnificent.

One book I am currently reading: Annie Freeman’s Fabulous Traveling Funeral by Kris Radish. An amazing story of friendship. It’s wonderful and intense.

One book I’ve been meaning to read: March by Geraldine Brooks. I keep meaning to pick up a copy whenever I walk into the bookstore and then I forget.

Tag to: Lara, Debra, Colin (when he gets home), and Eileen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home