Sunday, August 06, 2006

Sunday, August 06, 2006
Waxing Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Cloudy and cooler

Breathe.

That’s what yesterday was about. Breathing and getting back to center.

I was exhausted, and my thoughts were fragmented all day. Forming complete sentences in thought, much less speech, was nearly impossible.

So I rested.

I caught up on blog reads, finished Annie Freeman’s Fabulous Traveling Funeral, meditated, played Vicki Hansen’s Earth Heart and my new Nordic CDs.

I wrote fragments in my head on the various pieces, but nothing made it to paper.

That’s all.

Today, I’m away from my desk, at a friend’s in CT, so I’m taking some work with me, and seeing what happens. I’m not going to push, because I’ll just get more frustrated.

The heat wave’s broken for the moment, thank goodness, so we’re all recovering.

Nothing interesting to say. Two writer friends will be in NY in early October, which I think is just wonderful.

I found a house – in a small town in Minnesota – that I can afford now. No mortgage, nothing. But I’ve never been to Minnesota, and I don’t know if I’d like to live there. I’m an ocean person – Pisces – I need to be near an ocean. But they’ve got lots of hockey there. And the cost of living is so much less than here.

But I feel a stronger sense of belonging in New England. And I want to set down roots somewhere where I’m pretty sure I’ll be happy for the next 20 years. A home base, from which I can roam.

But the thought of being able to purchase a 4 bedroom-3 bathroom home on land OUTRIGHT is awfully tempting. It’s one third of what the same type of house costs in Massachusetts, and one tenth of what it costs here.

Sigh.

Devon

3 Comments:

At 12:55 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I hear you there...we had major sticker shock when we moved from Texas to Wisconsin! YIKES!!! It is sooooo tempting to move where you can afford the housing, but you always make concessions, too. (in this case, yours would be lack of ocean). But hey, that's what LAKES are for! ;-)
Tough decision!

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Ann said...

Interesting! I keep thinking I'd like to move out of my little town when I retire (or sooner) but I know about anywhere I go the housing costs will be major sticker shock and then some. (A major saying about our town is, "It's boring but it's cheap.") I've heard New York prices are a killer.
Good luck with the decision!

 
At 2:36 PM, Blogger Anita said...

I'm with you on the living near water thing. I feel I always need to be by a large body of water. Right now it's the Gulf of Mexico, but one day I'd like to live near an ocean.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home