Sunday, August 20, 2006

Sunday, August 20, 2006
Waning Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Cloudy and muggy


Dispatch from Elsewhere:

Finished Act II, Scene I of Julia’s Legacy yesterday. That means, with today’s scene that I’ll work on as soon as this is posted, I’m done with the first draft of the play.

Thanks to the folks of Villa in Tuscany, for creating a structure so I could write a play in a week.

Wrote Wednesday’s Dog Blog, and posted it here, since I won’t be in town on Wednesday. It’s the second week of the sensory exercises.

When I went back to feed the cats, I discovered that two ordered books arrived: Alan Bennett’s Writing Home, which I’ve wanted to read for ages, and The Age of Conversation by Benedetta Craveri, about the rise of French salons (presided over by women), beginning in the 1620s. I’ve wanted the latter book since it was published in the States in 2005, so I’m just thrilled to have it.

Finished up all 25 of the short articles. Will type and revise all of them , along with the big article and send those off today. Will work on the other big article (thank you, Diana Gabaldon, for taking the time to answer the interview questions) and get that off before I leave in the morning.

The person covering the CT job for the first half of the week ran into some problems, so I’m going over there for a few hours later today to get everything straightened out. Not only do I not want it to be a mess while I’m gone, I don’t want to walk into a mess when I get there on Thursday!

Short post, but I have to concentrate on my deadlines.

Devon
From Elsewhere

4 Comments:

At 10:01 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Well done on all you've accomplished this week!

:o)

 
At 10:15 AM, Blogger Tenille said...

I'm glad you're getting lots accomplished Elsewhere. Congrats on being so close on the play!

 
At 1:57 PM, Blogger ivan said...

Having a devil of a time getting through your security.
Anyway, good move to get off blog and now flog. Great!

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Danica/Dream said...

Oooh, those books sound good. :)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home