Thursday, August 10, 2006

Thursday, August 10, 2006
Last Day of Full Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Cloudy and humid

By popular demand:


The Magic Shoes:

I also took some photos of my own. If this damned computer ever works properly again and I can download them, I’ll post them.

It took me most of yesterday morning to answer the interview questions from Kristen King, freelancer extraordinaire and one of the editors of The Rose and Thorn, runs a three-part interview with me here;

http://inkthinker.blogspot.com/2006/08/three-part-interview-with-devon.html


As usual, after a theatre day, I felt logey and unfocused. It was hard to get down to work.

I’m going to skip World Trade Center for now. It’s still too soon for me. Oliver Stone is a filmmaker with true vision, and I trust Nicolas Cage’s integrity towards the role as I would few other actors. But, for me, it’s too soon.

I worked on the Satire Project Journal. It’s hard to work from theory rather than character. But the characters I need are determined by the theories. I’m writing pages and pages and pages just to try to figure out what I’m trying to figure out.

Updated my Daily Blog Reads to include some lovely new Cyber-pals. Toyed with some of the articles – I think I have the wrong approach to one of them. I will do some yoga inversions and see if that gives me, literally and figuratively, a different perspective. My darling cat Felicia (RIP) used to turn upside down when things got sticky and view the world that way. She often preferred that perspective.

Is Colin ever coming home? I miss “chatting” with him every day! I’m also horribly jealous at how much vacation time they get in the UK! Seriously, I hope he’s having a wonderful time, and I look forward to hearing about his trip when he finally does return!

The accident in Texas spilling a truck of penguins on the highway gave me an idea for a story. The news story made me giggle – until I heard that three of the penguins had been run over! Poor little things must have been terrified.

There’s a rumor around here that there will be another attack in a few weeks. Hopefully, it’s not correct – but the proper local authorities are taking it seriously enough to investigate. If we left it to the Pretender and his administration, we’d all die.

The Democratic Primary in CT is very interesting. Joe Lieberman was defeated by Ned Lamont. The population of CT registered as Democrats made it very clear that Lieberman’s decision to support the Iraq War means he does not represent their beliefs. They have the right to then vote him out. Lieberman is now running as an Independent. He has the right (and the names on his petition) to do so. It proves my point that this country is now large enough and diverse enough to need more than a two-party system. We need a party that is conservative enough to represent that part of the population without perverting the Republican Party (Lincoln’s party – he must be SO disappointed with its evolution). There needs to be a party more liberal than the standard Democratic lineup. Of course, it would help if the Democrats could even remotely agree on a point of view. The Independent (not IndepenDENCE, but IndepenDENT) must be truly independent. And other points of view also need to be represented.

We may have broken from Britain in 1776, but we ought to take a look at their multi-party system and learn something.

And the thinking people of CT have made a strong statement that, while they want to fight terrorism and protect the country, they do not approve of The Pretender’s cronies making the profits while our children are killed every day in Iraq. You want to stop the war in Iraq? It’s not about rooting out terrorism. It’s about cutting off the profit. Once you cut off the profit, there’s no reason to send out the cannon fodder.

Switching subjects now, I have always wanted to learn how to bind books. Imagine my delight to find that New York has a Center For Book Arts here:

http://www.centerforbookarts.org/newsite/

Wow.

There’s a bookbinding class at the end of October. If I can possibly do it, both schedule-wise and financially, I’d love to.

Woke up with an idea for a mystery or suspense story involving a painting, a thrift shop, and a stray dog. It sounds like the set up for a bad joke, but it’s not.

I have errands to run in White Plains today, but I hope to get more work done on the big articles, and three of the short articles coughed out today.

Devon

PS As of this writing, Scotland Yard has stopped all flights from the UK to NY because of a bomb plot to send more planes to NY. It is believed that this is not just between the London-NY run, but also all over Europe and perhaps within the US. So far, 21 people have been arrested.

Sigh.


9 Comments:

At 8:51 AM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

I tried to check out the shoes, but Nine West seems to be having trouble with their server, too.

I agree with you about needing a wider selection of political parties.

Your mystery/thrift shop/stray dog story idea sounds intriguing!

 
At 9:44 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Yep..server still down.

My hubby is flying today. I'm nervous.

 
At 10:50 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

I think the next time I go to England, I'll take a boat.

I can't go see World Trade Center yet - if ever. I wasn't anywhere near New York when it happened, but it still hit me hard and I have no desire to relive it at this point.

 
At 12:57 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

"Carve your own path." --Great interview, and I'm sticking those words in plain view at home and at work to remind myself that every day is the first day...d:)) (PS: Loved learning more about you from the interview.)

And I couldn't bring myself to see UNITED 93 and won't see WORLD TRADE CENTER either 'cause it's too soon for me too.

 
At 1:19 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Waa the shoe link won't work. I'll check back later.

RE: the penguin story. We had a donkey running amok on a rural highway here... proof there really are jackasses on the road (okay that was bad joke but I'm laughing as I type this! LOL)

 
At 1:20 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

PS I should mention I'm not making up the donkey story. We really did have one on a highway. ;)

 
At 2:58 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

until I heard that three of the penguins had been run over!

I'm so sorry but that exclamation mark at the end of this ensured I laughed out loud!

Poor penguins.

:o)

 
At 11:32 PM, Blogger Sandy J said...

Scary thing what is going on right now. I wonder if they were trying to time it with the release of the movie.

Poor penguins! And with 103 degree weather in Texas right now I can't imagine what they were experiencing in this heat.

Michelle, that was funny.

Devon, let us know how the new mystery comes along. Very interesting!

 
At 11:41 PM, Blogger Brandy said...

Just wanted to pop over and say, Hi. I love ballet flats and will check out the link when it works again. Your idea for a suspense/mystery sounds delightful, good luck.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home