Tuesday, August 01, 2006

Tuesday, August 1, 2006
Waxing Moon
Pluto Retrograde
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Lammas
Hot and sticky

Lammas is always a special holiday for me, and this year, more so than usual. Thirteen years ago today was an important and positive turning point in my life.

Lammas is the first harvest. What have I harvested this year? New friendships, new strengths in dealing with problems, more commitment to my writing.

I’m grateful for all of that, but now it’s time to take the next step.

Hop on over to Kemmyrk and enjoy Day 23 of Home Om.

Yesterday was a frustrating day. I spoke to both of my editors, and it’s all good with them, but I struggled to polish the articles by today’s deadline. There’s one more piece of information for one of them that just eludes me. And I blanked on the word I wanted for another article, and could not articulate clearly enough to figure out how to get there. I hate when that happens.

The brick blasters were annoying, but I also felt badly that they had to work outside in this heat. The weather folk are predicting 105-115 degrees here for the next few days.

Also, I was asked for some information I’d uncovered, which I passed on per an authority’s request – and the go-between distributed said information. It’s very frustrating, inappropriate, and puts me in a tenuous position on a lot of levels – all because the middle man didn’t use common sense. Steps have been taken to rectify the situation, but all it needed was one iota of sense in the first place, and it never had to happen!

I’m in the process of redrawing some boundaries with the people with whom I’ve worked and fought the good fight in the Situation over the past months. I CANNOT be available all the time. When I put up a note that says, “Do Not Disturb” on the door, and I’m disturbed, it pisses me off. It shows a lack of respect. When I put up another sign saying, “Are you dying? No? Then please don’t disturb me, I’m working” and someone knocks on the door asking if they can have a banana – excuse me? Since when does the need for a banana equate with death? And, when I sit up for hours to turn something around quickly because it has to be done right now and then people sit on it for five or six days – no. Not doing it.

I made it very clear that my window for doing anything closes tomorrow. August is booked, and I am NOT losing any more work to clean up other peoples’ messes. There are people involved who need to start shouldering their part of the load. Unfortunately, it will most likely be the others, the responsible ones, who take it on.

I start work on Thursday on a new television series that will air this fall. Good for the bank account; bad for the writing. But I need the cash. And I want to add it to my resume. Three series in less than a year – not too shabby! Always good to be in demand, and I want to make sure I make what I need to for insurance before I relocate.

Worked on my GDRs for August. At the bare minimum, I have to get the contracted articles finished, but I hope to accomplish the following:

Finish the first draft of Real
If that happens, The Fix-It Girl moves up in the queue.
Finish the edit of the sixth draft of Clear the Slot
Finish typing Shallid
2 contracted Llewellyn articles
25 contracted short Llewellyn articles
Literary Athlete column
5 Dog Blogs (there are 5 Wednesdays in August)
Continue prepping the fall season of Circadian Poems
Finish Home Om
Get the DE site up (I’m in a holding pattern until I hear back from the designer)
Work on “Ris an Abrar” for the Oct. 1 deadline
12 queries out
Finish the KM Farnesworth story

The contracted work has to come first, and everything else has to fit in around it.

A few more revisions on some articles and then, -- Off to the theatre – I can’t wait to turn around and come back home!

Devon

5 Comments:

At 12:52 PM, Blogger Lara said...

I just hope those silly people who can't do anything for themselves leave you alone when you have your sign up.
I mean, SHEESH, people!

 
At 3:13 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

I CANNOT be available all the time. When I put up a note that says, “Do Not Disturb” on the door, and I’m disturbed, it pisses me off. It shows a lack of respect. When I put up another sign saying, “Are you dying? No? Then please don’t disturb me, I’m working” and someone knocks on the door asking if they can have a banana – excuse me? Since when does the need for a banana equate with death? And, when I sit up for hours to turn something around quickly because it has to be done right now and then people sit on it for five or six days – no. Not doing it.

Seriously, can I quote this on my next blog spot, please?

I SOOOOOOOO heard what you said here!

:o)

 
At 8:51 PM, Blogger Toni Anderson said...

Wow--I am in awe of all you are doing :D

 
At 10:27 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

You are such an inspiration that I continue to draw from! :)

 
At 10:58 PM, Blogger Costume Imp said...

You are one of the hardest working women I know. Take care of yourself, I hope you feel better soon!
Love and Light!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home