Saturday, September 23, 2006

Saturday, September 23, 2006
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Fall Equinox/Mabon

Traced back and found out what triggered the migraine earlier this week (in addition to stress): An expensive bottle of red wine with more sulfites in it than I’m usually exposed to. So the bottle went to a neighbor who doesn’t get a bad reaction to sulfites.

Two rewrites on “Ris an Abrar” yesterday (the short story). I like it when a piece leaps from draft to draft instead of small adjustments. I finally “get” the piece now. About damn time – it was originally conceived in December of 2005.

Also outlined the long version in more detail. It’s much more complex than the original concept, but it feels right. This world and its politics interest me. If I can pull it off, it will be a good read.

Considered creating a new pseudonym for the byline, because it’s so far removed from my other work, but decided I didn’t want to fracture any farther. It’ll go out under the Cerridwen Iris Shea name.

Rewrote “To Die For” (a story of which I’ve always been very fond), and sent it off. I have two other stories that I think would be a good fit for the same market, but I have to stagger the submissions. I also want to get “Dialogue with the Devil” out soon and figure out where “Tumble” should go to next.

Worked on the website, but didn’t get very far.

Pitched for a couple of new writing jobs, and heard about an anthology looking for writers, so asked to toss my hat into that ring.

Worked on the outline for Assumption of Right. I have to do some research for it, and I have a feeling by the time Nano comes rolling around, I’ll have as many pages of notes as I’ll finally have for the book.

Worked on the Sean/Elle stories.

Agreed to critique a colleague’s manuscript before he sends it off. His premise sounds terrific, and I’m happy to help out.

Spent too much time online, but I needed the break in between the intense rewrites.

It was cold last night, so I made a meatloaf. Tonight, I’m having over a few people to join me at a roast chicken supper to celebrate Mabon.

And I want to get in a productive day of writing before dinner. I spent far too much time online yesterday. Even though I got a lot done, I should have used my time more wisely.

Devon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home