Monday, September 11, 2006

September 11 Part II

I am touched and deeply moved by the many beautiful tributes I read as I go through my daily blog reads for this sad, sad day.

What a contrast to just a year ago, when so many people posted "Just get over it" all over the place. Needless to say not only were those not New Yorkers, DCers or Pennsylvanians, but people who hadn't lost anyone that day.

Hmmm, maybe I'm just hanging out with more like-minded people! ;)

I remember the days after 9/11 -- at Grand Central Station, people putting up photos and notes begging for information on their loved ones. And then, each day, as the newspapers began listing the names of the dead. I remember the way it felt, to read the name of someone I knew. And then another. And another.

Thank you to the many people all over the world who actually are touched by this and understand.

7 Comments:

At 8:55 AM, Blogger Bailey Stewart said...

I'm thinking about you this morning, as my thoughts turn to all in New York, DC and Pennsylvania - and the families everywhere who lost someone that day. I also think of my brother who lost a friend.

 
At 9:53 AM, Blogger Lori said...

It can't be forgotten. We want to forget the day, but not the people. It's still as painful as the day it happened.

 
At 12:29 PM, Blogger Ann said...

thinking of you and others who were close to 9/11.

 
At 1:10 PM, Blogger Sue said...

Trust me, I will never, ever 'get over it'. One of the things that helps is knowing that others feel the same way. While I wasn't there, I still know people who were. It changed my very core, and to try and diminish that is an insult to those who lost their lives and their loved ones.

Take care today, Devon. You are in my heart and thoughts today.

 
At 2:15 PM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

I didn't lose anyone that day, but I just can't imagine telling people to "get over it". It still sends chills down my spine.

 
At 3:12 PM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

I can't even begin to imagine how awful this must have been.

My thoughts are with you.

:o)

 
At 2:04 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Devon - It's hard to believe it's been five years since this horrible day. The world has changed - and I read an article in our local paper that a lot of popular fiction will reference a "before 9-11" and "after 9-11" to "date" their work. But it is so much more than that. For me, even though I was not in NY, DC, PA, nor did I know anyone who perished, I feel profoundly different. My attitudes, beliefs, and emotions are different.

Sorry this message is late, but I wanted to know that you're in my thoughts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home