Thursday, September 28, 2006

Thursday, September 28, 2006
Waxing Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and cool


No hot water AGAIN this morning. It’s been erratic for over two months, and I’m sick of it.

Found some big errors in “Ris an Abrar” – fixed them, and got it out.

Went over “Blueberrying” again and got it out.

The Mothership was filming just around the corner from me today, so I stopped by after I mailed the stories and said hi to a few people.

Spent the rest of the day researching for the pitch. Read three books, cover to cover. One I read in the library. I took three more home and read two of them. I’m going to read the last one today, and then feel I have enough information/ideas to write the pitch.
I should be able to get it out by the end of the day today or first thing tomorrow.

Watched the television series tonight and was very pleased with it. My helicopter sequence rocked! Even though it was less than 30 seconds. That’s the way it goes. On Conviction, we spent something like seven or eight hours on a banquet scene and about 15 seconds of it ended up onscreen. That’s the way it goes. But this show is tightly written – not an extraneous word. One really has to listen, because everything a character says is relevant. I love that.

I’m going to get some writing done this morning, then read the fourth book, then write that pitch and get it out. I really want that job. I just hope I’m the right one for it!

Devon

PS Blogger refuses to publish AGAIN – it was having trouble yesterday – and they “fixed” exactly what last week? Hopefully this will get up sooner rather than late

10 Comments:

At 11:18 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Blogger is always acting goofy for some reason. Very frustrating.

I think that would be so neat to watch a television show that you did the writing for. What an awesome feeling!

 
At 11:46 AM, Blogger Shirley said...

Blogger is being a right pain in the butt. I ended up with the same entry posted 3 times yesterday. What do they do with all this scheduled outage time? Grr.
Good luck with that pitch!

 
At 12:08 PM, Blogger Debra Young said...

Yep, couldn't publish my post this morning or maybe Blogger's just hiding it and it'll pop up later. sigh

 
At 2:26 PM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

Loved your show last night! And, yeah, I've heard that about filming. In fact, I've seen it in action. Many years ago when I lived in Memphis Dennis Quaid was in town filming Great Balls of Fire. I worked just up the street from Sun Studios where they were filming that day. A group of us trekked down there to watch during our lunch hour. We never did see any actual filming. *g*

 
At 2:31 PM, Blogger Gabriele C. said...

The only reason I'm still with Blogger is that LifeJournal charges money for picture upload, and both LJ and Webhost have butt ugly templates you can't completely overwrite the way I did with my Blogger template.

 
At 2:44 PM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Oops! I knew that, Devon, about you working in wardrobe. Got my wires crossed is all. :-)

 
At 7:58 PM, Blogger Toni Anderson said...

Blogger is being a pain!!
You are so busy I got dizzy reading about it LOL. Oh to be so speedy :D

 
At 2:47 AM, Blogger Richelle said...

Blogger's been pushing me over the edge these last couple of days. It *seems* well behaved now, so I hope somebody finally smacked it into shape.

 
At 3:06 AM, Blogger Diane said...

Yeah, I couldn't get on to comment anywhere yesterday and it took ages to update my own page. Let's hope it's improved.

 
At 4:50 AM, Blogger M.E Ellis said...

Good luck!

:o)

 

Post a Comment

<< Home