Wednesday, September 20, 2006

Wednesday, September 20, 2006
Waning Moon
Neptune Retrograde
Uranus Retrograde
Sunny and mild

Migraine.

“The Voice on the Phone” is up on Circadian Poems.

The newest sensory exercise will be up on the Dog Blog later.

The pilot of the show I’ve been working on airs tonight. I’m both excited and nervous. Plus, I got a call to work a film – I need to call them back and see what that’s about.

And I have to get “The Retriever” out today.

And type the first section of “Ris an Abrar” to work on it. Time’s running out for that one.

Outlined a suspense novel yesterday, which might become my Nano. It was inspired by all the commotion around the UN – the extra police, the Secret Service, etc. Because I’ve worked in the business long enough, Presidents and dignitaries attend shows on which I work. So I’ve dealt with the Secret Service. I’ve always had positive dealings with them: They’re pleasant, professional, and very, very good at what they do. When they’re backstage, I found that telling them what to expect and walking them through the chaos of the show (and making sure they don’t get run over by two tons of scenery) makes it work better for all of us. They tell me what they need to do their job, I tell them what I need to do my job, and we work it out.

Put it all together, and there are grounds for a suspense novel.

I wanted to do the novel-length version of “Ris an Abrar”, but Nano rules state you can have notes, but not use previously written material. Even with all the changes, a big chunk of it would count as “previously written” so I can’t do it. I know, I know, who would know? I would know, and I would know that I cheated, and it would bother me. I wouldn’t be living up to my own standards.

So, if I can come up with a title that doesn’t sound as crappy as the dozen or so I’ve toyed with so far, I might keep working on the notes and go with it. It would be a genre stretch for me, and that might be a good thing.

Also worked out most of the next Sean/Elle story in my head coming home.

Migraine.

Devon

9 Comments:

At 9:05 AM, Blogger Lara said...

Migraines suck. And they kill your creativity.

Hope it's a short one!

 
At 10:13 AM, Blogger Ovation Leader said...

I've never done NANO, but am intrigued by the challenge. I trust you'll keep us updated on the progress. We can be your rah-rah leaders.

 
At 10:27 AM, Blogger Melissa Marsh said...

Darn it - hate headaches. Hang in there and rest today if you can.

 
At 10:31 AM, Blogger Diana said...

Hope you're feeling better soon.

 
At 11:31 AM, Blogger Sue said...

Feel better soon! Rest, give in to it, and it will go quicker than trying to fight it. Of course, that's what I always tell myself! ;-)


Good luck with the Nano planning. I won't be doing it this year...but will be cheering from the sidelines!

 
At 12:01 PM, Blogger Diane said...

Yuk on the migraine. Hope it's a false alarm.

 
At 1:21 PM, Blogger Tori Lennox said...

*hugs* on the migraine. I hope it eases up soon.

 
At 1:22 PM, Blogger Michelle Miles said...

Hope that migraine goes away soon. They're so not fun.

 
At 6:21 PM, Blogger Tenille said...

Hope the migraine finds another place to camp out. You certainly don't need that right now.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home